Will the year 2000 bug leave you liable?
- Put your motivation dollars where they count. // Transportation & Distribution;May99, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p76
Presents information on a study conducted by the Warehousing Education Research Council (WERC) about motivational techniques to retain valuable employees. Most effective technique in motivating employees; Role of daycares in motivation and retention; Reasons for the common use of easy-to...
- The year 2000 iceberg: Are you riding on the Titanic? Roberts, Bill // HR Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p39
Focuses on the impact of the Year 2000 computer crisis on the integrity of human resource data. Details on the source of the trouble; Examples of Year 2000 problems that could befall a company's human resource department.
- The turn of the century could turn mean. Goetz, Ray; Hines, Carol // HR Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p140
Focuses on the impact of the year 2000 computing crisis on human resource departments in the United States. Legal problems for benefit plans; Examples of plan disputes; Guideline for human resource managers on addressing year 2000 problems for benefit plans. INSET: Employers face serious...
- Testing for year 2000 glitch. // Practical Accountant;Apr97, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p12
Announces the availability of the Year 2000 Acid Test diskette from SBT Accounting Systems, a software for testing a computer's handling of the year 2000 problem. Contact number for free copies.
- Tension relief tips. Radding, Alan // Software Magazine;Apr97 Supplement SQT, Vol. 17 Issue 4, pS9
Focuses on the tension between software testers and application developers as it relates to the Year 2000 problem. Why the tension exists; Description of the testers and developers jobs; Comments from Kirby Fortenberry, manager of testing services at Shell Services Corporation. INSET: Five...
- Is your supplier a complier? Sampson, Sandy // Software Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p45
Questions software vendors' compliance on Year 2000 date conversion problem. Advantages of written contracts in compliance issues for organizations; Biggest problems facing information technology organizations; Recommendation that firms make supply-chain dependencies part of their Year 2000...
- The Year 2000 directory. // Software Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p71
Presents a list of companies offering products and services for the Year 2000 date conversion. Solution 2000 from Accelr8 Technology Corp.; Outsourcing services offered by ACE Technologies Inc.; System Vision Year 2000 from Adpac Corp.
- Legal exposure. Hock, Steven L. // Software Magazine;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p51
Discusses the legal and risk management issues posed by the Year 2000 software crisis and the need for immediate action at the highest executive levels. Costs of failure to solve the problem; Securities law issues; Tax law issues; Third-party agreements; Relationships with non-technology companies.
- Armageddon rocks! Keeley, Leo // Software Magazine;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p72
States that the least analyzed aspects of the year 2000 (Y2K) date conversion phenomenon will almost surely be among the most highly affected areas which is the software industry. Why labor shortage for packaged software industry is ominous; Some trends to expect from the software industry;...