Training budgets 101
- HOW TO PREPARE AND PRESENT A TRAINING FORECAST. Otto, Calvin P.; Glaser, Rollin P. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1970, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p24
Presents the steps in planning and budgeting the employee training function. Contribution of training department to overall mission of total organization; Evaluation of current formal and informal training activities; Identification of current and potential organizational problems.
- Four Decisions That Can Make or Break Training Programs. Neal, Jeffrey // Public Manager;Winter2013, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p10
The article offers the authors insights on the establishment of vital training programs with a tight budget and the key decisions that can be applied for the success of the training and human capital programs. The four key decisions include identification of a mission-driven need, customers...
- Central American budgeting scorecard: Cross cultural insights. Mendoza, Roberto; Collins, Frank; Holzmann, Oscar J. // Journal of International Accounting, Auditing & Taxation;1997, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p190
Presents the findings of a descriptive study on budgeting practices and attitudes in the United States and Central America. Discussion on the results of the study; Examination of the comparative budgeting beliefs; What is the greatest impact on budgeting practices.
- How `gang of six' fashions a budget. Goodrich, Lawrence J. // Christian Science Monitor;5/16/97, Vol. 89 Issue 120, p1
Presents information on the budget process in the United States for 1997. Reference to the negotiations between the White House and GOP negotiators; Who took part in the negotiations; Where they were held; Criticisms and approbation at the 1997 negotiations; What the budget deal calls for.
- Capitol offenders. Cox, Christopher // Policy Review;Fall90, Issue 54, p38
Explains the proposed Budget Process Reform Act. Problems with the current budget process in the United States; Key features of an effective budget process; Enforcement mechanisms.
- New year. No budget. Good news. Grier, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;9/30/99, Vol. 91 Issue 214, p1
Analyzes the fall 1999 United States budget process and suggests possible benefits of the gridlock for taxpayers.
- The Federal Budget Process. // Congressional Digest;May79, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p132
Discusses the budget process of the U.S. federal government. Interrelated phases of the process; Executive formulation and transmittal; Congressional action; Budget execution and control; Budget carry-over.
- New budget rules. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/2/2003, Issue 323081, p32
Reports on the formation of the Budget Accountability Act in response to the staggering of the 2003â€“2004 budget of the California State Legislature.
- The master plan. Lewis, Chris // Marketing Week;2/26/1998, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p95
Gives information on how specialist events managers are expected to gain value from spending and to be precise in managing budgets. Information on the objectives of exhibiting; Information on substantial cost of overseas events; Reference to generating customer interest in advance.