How training mergers help you
- Training industry turmoil continues. // IT Training;Jul2002, p8
Discusses the factors contributing to the turbulence in the training industry in Great Britain. Merger between SmartForce and SkillSoft; Bid of Azlan to acquire Horizon MTS; List of companies liquidated.
- Northern towns fear rail future. Hall, Peter // Planning (14672073);11/29/2013, Issue 1972, p32
The article offers information on a deal allowing the take over of franchisee of train services in the future by local authorities across the north of England.
- IN BRIEF. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;1/3/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p16
The article offers news briefs in New York, one is on the 11 million dollar acquisition of Ridgeway Country Club in White Plains, New York by the French-American School of New York, and one is on the training to be undertaken by hotel workers and home-improvement sales staff in January 2011.
- Don't be a fashion victim. Leigh, Andrew // People Management;01/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p37
Discusses paradoxes that confront anyone concerned with developing people within organizations. Information on the concept of the charismatic leader; Effect of releasing everyone's leadership capability; Discussion on the merger paradox; Failures to address the people dimension of mergers...
- Driver training company is acquired. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jun2003, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p10
Reports on New York City-based investment firm, David M. Boucher and McFadden Brothers' acquisition of the professional driver training company, Smith System.
- Scary splice. Holbeche, Linda // People Management;10/15/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p44
Presents information on a study regarding the effectiveness of mergers and acquisitions of businesses conducted by the Roffey Park Management Institute. Analysis of the research's findings; Reasons for the failure of mergers; Importance of communication in mergers and acquisitions.
- Calculated Growth. Smith, Brandey Chewning // Rental Equipment Register;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p26
Discusses the issues to consider for a business expansion. Benefits of acquisitions; Consideration of the return on investment; Skills of staff.
- Are deceptive practices a problem in today's acquiring industry? // ISO & Agent Weekly;3/6/2014 Supplement Security, p8
The article focuses on the deceptive underwriting practices of the acquiring industry as of March 2014. Topics discussed include the need for acquirers to provide the necessary tools to their underwriting and risk departments and the ability of some agents to bend industry rules which allows...
- Learning State merges with ETITO. // Public Sector;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p3
The article reports about the merger of Learning State Ltd., the public sector industry training organization (ITO) with Electrotechnology Industry Training Organization (ETITO), the Auckland-based multi-industry ITO, and its plans to provide cost-effective public sector training.