The new loyalty: Grasp it. Earn it. Keep it
- Are career jobs dead? Gautschi, Ted // Design News;11/6/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 21, p202
Talks about career job loss in the United States industry in the third millennium. Increase in non-standard employment; Description of the free-agent syndrome; Suggestion for employees.
- Distribution of Occupations in 1950 and 1990. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct2002, p13
No abstract available.
- Employment and Unemployment Data. // Monthly Labor Review;Aug2004, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p57
This section provides information on employment data in the U.S. which is obtained from the Current Population Survey, a program of personal interviews conducted monthly by the Bureau of the Census for the Bureau of Labor Statistics, as of August 2004. In definition, employed persons include all...
- Green Job Search. Potts, Monica // American Prospect;Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p12
The article discusses green jobs concerns in the U.S. Several community colleges in the U.S. have applied for stimulus grants to be able to go for a green-jobs training program. However, there is reportedly not enough financing for companies that are supposed to hire the graduates of such...
- EXCERPTS FROM THE HILL'S PUNDITS BLOG. // Hill;9/21/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 128, p28
Excerpts from blogs on the significance of jobs as an economic metric and the implications of employment layoff and health insurance limitations in the U.S. are presented.
- Augmenting Vocational Outcomes of Supported Employment with Social Skills Training. Tsang, Hector W. H. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p25
Argues that the vocational employment in the U.S. can be improved with the addition of a social skills training program specially designed and developed for job tenure. Details on the development and evidence related to the effectiveness of supported employment; Role of social functioning in...
- A guide to the table. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Spring2012, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information on the table provided in the periodical which focuses on employment in the U.S. from 2012-2020. It notes that the table names 22 occupational groups in the sequence they appear in the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) System. It mentions that the table...
- The Future Is Now. Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p98
Presents an overview of expected career and employment developments in the United States for the first decade of the 21st century. Forecast on the age of the workforce; Labor force growth; Fastest growing occupations; Predictions on education and employment; Women in the workforce.
- Occupational employment. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Winter99/2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p8
Discusses the factors used to project employment in the United States as implemented by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Classification by type of work performed; Occupational groups; Classification by education and training required; Best occupations; Job openings.