- Lingo. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Suggests workplace lingo for the twentieth century.
- Cyber jargon. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;Nov97, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p15
Defines several workplace jargons. Flypaper meeting or a spontaneous gathering of personnel in a hallway or an office cubicle; Para-site or a Website that wraps its own identifying frame around other sites that are linked to it; Spush or spam-like applications of push-media technology; Voice novel.
- The new buzzwords. // OfficePro;Feb98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p4
Enumerates the terms and phrases used in a work environment. Includes changing the term trainee to learner; Employee to performer; Responsibility to accountability; Selling to servicing; Matrix to network.
- talk your way to the top. Perron, Celeste // Cosmopolitan;Sep2000, Vol. 229 Issue 3, p318
Suggests phrases to use in the workplace to make work life easier.
- Perspective. Garland, Eric // Adweek Southeast Edition;09/22/97, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p12
Opinion. Interprets jargon-filled words and phrases usually used in the office setting. `We work in this space'; `We expect you to do breakthrough cutting-edge work on the account'; `We are in the business of value-added services.'
- Moofing. // Director;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p14
This section offers a definition for the office jargon moofing.
- Censored! The 10 words you should never use at work. Spillane, Margaret // Self;Jul95, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p52
Lists ten words one should never use in the workplace and presents various replacements for them. Includes fascinating; Hobbies; Admire; Thrilled; Hope; Love; Dream; I wish; Delightful; Appreciate.
- industrial. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1181
A reference entry for the term "industrial" which means pertaining to the workplace is presented.
- WORDS at WORK. // EventDV;Feb2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 2, p25
The article provides a list of professional proverbs used in the workplace including data dump, deja poo, and menoporsche.