- Meet Taiwan announces regional prizewinner. // CEI Asia;Nov2015, p4
The article announces that the technology startup AFTR was named the winner of the 2015 Asia Super Team competition of the promotion body Meet Taiwan.
- Five retailers win Broyhill's Vegas drawing. // Furniture/Today;4/24/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p214
The article reports on the furniture-making companies selected as winners of the Poker Chip Contest in Lenoir, North Carolina. They include Dow Furniture of Waldoboro, Fortino's Total Home of Hollister, Haus & Home of Big Bear Lake, Dale's Furniture Showrooms of Ruidoso Downs and Whidbey...
- Hungarian startups meet with Israel-based businesses. // Hungary A.M.;10/4/2013, p4
The article offers information on the Israel-Hungary Innovation Day at Graphisoft Park in Ã“buda, Hungary on October 3, 2013.
- Entrepreneurs Enabled: A Comparison of Edelman Prize-Winning Papers. Wynne, Bayard E.; Robak, Nicholas John // Interfaces;Mar/Apr89, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p70
A study of 10 years of Edelman prize-winning papers (1977-1986) has yielded a wealth of information regarding applied contemporary managerial theory. We have distilled the core theory of seven authors who write about management principles and applied it in depth to the 40 papers that contain...
- Business competition draws 91 applicants. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);1/26/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the Central Upstate Regional Alliance's Emerging Business Competition. As of January 24, 2007, the organization had received 91 applications. The winner will get an award of $100,000 to the most growth-oriented and innovative company. Of the 91 applicants, 50 have been...
- Bennett Furniture chain didn't folow the pack. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the bankruptcy of the family-owned Richard Bennett Furniture store in Indianapolis, Indiana. Facilitation of going-out-of-business sales at the remaining stores; Impact of the economic downturn on the company-wide sales; Purchase of a money-losing store in Crawfordsville.
- LETTERS. Suthern, Greg; Holden, Jonathan; McQueen, John; Warburton, Paul; Wynn, Julian // Cabinet Maker;9/30/2005, Issue 5458, p8
Presents letters to the editor in response to articles discussed in previous issues. View on the competition in the furniture industry; Insights on the computerization of furniture retailers; Assessment of the trends in bankruptcy protection.
- Companies falling by the wayside. // Cabinet Maker;11/12/2004, Issue 5414, p7
Reports on the decline in the number of furniture manufacturers in Great Britain. Impact of the increase in imports on the sector; Reduction in the number of companies going into liquidation; Increase in the number of bankruptcies.
- Changing cast in Top 100. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;12/21/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p1
The article provides a comparison on the standings of furniture companies in the journal's "Furniture/Today's" Top 100 in the U.S. in 1999 and 2009. It mentions that more than a third of the retailers that were on the Top 100 in 1999, were off the list by 2009. It states that 25 of the dropouts...