Balcony death was accidental
- Are We Using More Alcohol? // Body Bulletin;Oct2002, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p2
Studies the relation between alcohol use and preventable death in the U.S.
- Moonshine kills hundreds. // Asian Pacific Post;6/5/2008, p34
The article reports on the number of people from the states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu in India who were injured and died as a result of drinking illegally-brewed alcoholic beverage which is believed to be connected to the ongoing three-phase state legislature elections in Karnataka in 2008.
- Alcohol service policies need to be more than just hot air. Marshall, Anthony // Hotel & Motel Management;07/19/99, Vol. 214 Issue 13, p10
Focuses on hotels' alcohol service policies in the United States as of July 19, 1999. Hotel management's efforts to comply with government policies; Disparity between alcohol service policies and bartender compensation schemes.
- NORTHERN TERRITORY GOVERNMENT. Lawrie, Delia Phoebe // Australian Hotelier;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p48
The article discusses the efforts of the government of Northern Territory to solve issues related to alcohol misuse in hotels as well as gaming and leisure establishments in the region such as the introduction of electronic identification systems in some remote areas.
- Maternal Alcohol Use and Infant Death. // Pediatrics for Parents;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9/10, p25
The article presents a study analyzing the impact of maternal alcohol use on infants' life.
- Characteristics of Drowning Deaths in North Carolina. Patetta, Michael J.; Biddinger, Paul W. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug88, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p406
A retrospective study of 1,052 unintentional drowning deaths in North Carolina during the period from 1980 through 1984 was carried out, with emphasis on the victims' activity and alcohol consumption, and the settings of the accidents. The data suggest that many drownings are preventable, and...
- Cheers! // Active Living: Newsletters;Jul2007, pN1
An excerpt from the article "Drink, Drink, Drink," by Liam Farrel in the "British Medical Journal," is presented.
- Vodka's Toll. // Wilson Quarterly;Summer2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p9
Presents the result of a study on alcoholism in Russia. Pattern of deaths among Russian men.
- Research: BERGMANN and COLLEAGUES. BERGMANN // Positive Health;Jul2014, Issue 215, p1
Background There is limited evidence for an association between the pattern of lifetime alcohol use and cause-specific risk of death. Methodology Multivariable hazard ratios were estimated for different causes of death according to patterns of lifetime alcohol consumption using a competing risks...