Tapping design talent
- Students enjoy sixfold success. // Cabinet Maker;8/27/2004, Issue 5403, p7
Reports on the plan of plastic manufacturer, Barkston, to enter the furniture market by launching several designs made by industrial design students at York Saint John College in England. Number of designs that will be launched by the company; Market entry plans of Barkston.
- Martins goes digital. // Cabinet Maker;7/3/2009, Issue 5644, p4
The article reports on the official launching of the website of furniture retailer Martins of Letchworth in England. The launching was made on June 29, 2009 with the hope of increasing the company's market share within a 40/50 mile radius. The website will serve as a means of reference for...
- Occasional importers like China's strengths. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;5/7/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p25
The article reports on the views of U.S. occasional and accent furniture importers on the sustainability of China's imported materials in the global market. According to occasional sources, they will continue sourcing in China and devise plans to minimize costs in several items without...
- Our industry's Wal-Mart just keeps on growing. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;6/12/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p49
The author reflects on the business growth of Ashley Furniture HomeStores company in the U.S. He mentioned that due to the company's patience, planning and persistence in providing value added service to customers, it has found the industry's market share. He added that Ashley has studied the...
- Fabri-Form plans Mexico site, promotes Zachrich to president. DeRosa, Angie // Plastics News;10/10/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p0003
The article offers information on the business plans of Fabri-Form Co. based in New Concord, Ohio, to establish thermoforming operations in Mexico. The company caters to the heavy-truck and reusable-packaging industries and has managed to increase its market share. Rob Zachrich, the new...
- Deal puts Furniture Brands on top. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p18
Reports on the ranking of the furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Estimation of the annual sales; Increase of market share; Acquisitions made by the industry.
- Cost controls, growth help profits rebound. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p22
Reports on the growing earnings of the furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Increase of the operating profit; Escalation of market share; Use of global sourcing.
- Top 25 reach 50% share. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;05/07/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p1
Reveals that the top 25 United States-based furniture manufacturers supplied half of the residential furniture sold in the country in 2000. Manufacturers' continued competition for retailers' business; Difference of consolidation practices in the furniture industry as compared to other industries.
- Retail shares buck the gloomy trend. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;8/31/2001, Issue 5253, p5
Focuses on the prospered furniture retail shares despite of market crisis in London, England. Gains of Marks & Spencer; Characteristic of the effect of United States cut of interest rate; Accounts of investors on the increase of retail share of Merchant Retail.