Harcourt Leads In Potential Orders In 2004 Florida Math Adoption
- Hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;12/6/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 49, p17
Presents news briefs from the book industry as of December 6, 1999. Information on the rights deal won by Walter Bode at Harcourt Brace for the publication of the book `Talking in the Dark,' by Chinese-American Author Laura Glen Louis; Deal of Peter Kaufman of TV Books with CBS for the book...
- Sales increase 14% at Harcourt Brace. // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p12
Reports on increased sales at Harcourt Brace for the year ending October 31, 1997. Gains led by its elementary publishing group; Other facts and figures.
- VIRGINIA WOOLF'S AMERICAN PUBLISHER. Netboy, Anthony // Virginia Woolf Miscellany;Fall85, Issue 25, p4
Focuses on the operations of Harcourt Brace & Co. in New York, the publisher of English novelist Virginia Woolf. Rights for Woolf and her husband Leonard; Publication of Virginia Woolf's books; Relationship of Woolf with her publishers.
- Harcourt Reorganizes Publishing Arm. Branch Jr., Alfred // Curriculum Administrator;Jan2000, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the reorganization of educational publisher Harcourt. Division of the company into four customer-focused segments; New presidents appointed for each group; Roles and responsibilities.
- Strong third quarter for Harcourt Brace. // Publishers Weekly;9/1/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 36, p17
Presents information on sales for Harcourt Brace. Jump in revenues; Success of the elementary- and secondary-school publishing units; Harcourt General's net loss. Statistics on sales.
- Harcourt makes a move for kids at risk. Frederick, Heather Vogel // Publishers Weekly;5/4/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p27
Reports that Harcourt Brace will be donating 5000 copies of Eve Bunting's book `Your Move' to gang prevention centers in the United States. Storyline; Comments by publicist, Sarah Shealy.
- NEC purchase results in `new' Harcourt Brace. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the addition of National Education Corporation to Harcourt Brace. The resulting change of Harcourt Brace into a multifaceted learning-services company; Reorganization; Gains and growth; Plans for capital expenditure in 1998.
- Harcourt Carries Alabama Science Adoption, As State Grapples with Funding Woes. // Educational Marketer;11/4/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the sales performance of Harcourt and other educational publishers in the Alabama science adoption, as the state faces budgetary problems in 2002.
- Publishers Post Mixed Margin Results in '98. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/16/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 33, p16
Offers a look at the operating performance of publishers in the United States in 1998. Outright loss reported by Golden Books; Operating income of Harcourt; Operating margin of HarperCollins; Earnings of Reader's Digest; Margin improvement at Pearson; Companies that posted a double-digit margin.