K-12, College Textbooks & Tests Increase 3.6% to $8.27B In 2003
- College Net Sales Fell 5.3% in 2012. // Educational Marketer;4/22/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on data from the Association of American Publishers which revealed that the college publishing industry has seen a 5.3% decline in net sales in 2012. It states that publishers struggled with stagnant and declining enrollment in the for-profit sector and are affected by...
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/13/99, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p8
Presents news briefs related to educational publishing industry in the United States as of December 1999.
- News Brief... // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p8
Reports development involving companies in the book publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Addition of math titles to the classroom reading program of National Geographic Society; Introduction of the second edition of Sounds Sensible, a pre-K-1 phonological awareness and beginning...
- Classroom Magazines, Children's Books Ride Election-Year Wave. // Educational Marketer;9/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p5
Reports that book publishers of K-12 classroom magazine and children's books are hoping for a raise in revenue from the 2004 U.S. presidential election. Abundance of trade titles for children due to presidential politics; Citation of three leading classroom magazine publishers; Decision of book...
- In IT, Computer Science Took Biggest Hit to Sales, But Some Signs Point to Improving IT Market. // Educational Marketer;4/17/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the improving sales condition for information technology publishers in the U.S. There are signs for a heady sales in textbook publishing for the Management Information Systems (MIS) and Computer Science sectors. According to the estimates of Monument Information Resource,...
- Macmillan Designs Customized Textbooks. Decandido, Graceanne A.; Mahony, Alan // School Library Journal;Jan91, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p14
Reports that Macmillan-McGraw have announced that they expect to start working with individual school districts to design and print textbooks geared to their specific needs. Its custom textbook services for colleges; Results of a pilot program; Limitations of this type of publication.
- K-12, College Textbook Bills Land On California Governor's Desk. // Educational Marketer;9/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the two college textbooks bills submitted by the California Legislature on the desk of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Petition of the AB 2678 bill to cap colleges textbook rental fees at 50 %; Identification of college textbook price as an international issue for students and...
- Textbook Publishers Realize Sales Gains In Europe, But Overall Exports Decline 6.7% In 2003. // Educational Marketer;4/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the decline of the sales of exporting textbooks to foreign countries by K-12 and college textbooks publishers in the U.S. Increase in imports to the country; Impact of the drop in sales to Great Britain on the decline; Growth reported by college publishers.
- Upcoming North Carolina Science Textbook Adoption To Feature Separate Category For Kits. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the feature of science approved kits on the upcoming science textbook adoption in North Carolina. Recommendation of science materials by the state Textbook Commission to the state Board of Education; Factors that could have influenced publishers' decisions to forego the adoption;...