Building a national public health system
- Feds to create surveillance system for drug-resistant bugs. Kostron, Michaela // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/10/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 9, p659
The article reports that the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) will unveil a plan for a national surveillance system aimed at monitoring drug-resistant microorganisms in July 2014. Topics discussed include information that will be included in the blueprint according to PHAC spokesperson...
- Cold and flu very common in children this time of year. // Asian Pacific Post;10/27/2011, p5
The article focuses on the findings of the Public Health Agency of Canada that common colds in children occur five to eight times per year and that children also have the highest flu cases.
- Vaccine for next flu season in Canada to contain same strains as last season's. // Canadian Pharmacists Journal (Allen Press Publishing Services In;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 144 Issue 4, p160
The article reports on the announcement of the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), stating that the vaccine for the 2011-2012 influenza season will contain the same strains as last season such as A-California H1N1, A-Perth, H3N2, and B-Brisbane.
- Government ideology affects AIDS funding. Ling, Justin // Xtra (Toronto);8/23/2012, Issue 726, p9
The article reports that of the funding proposal for 20 projects submitted by the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network (CHLN) to the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) amounting to about 700,000 dollars, only a third of the funding was approved with the axing of 16 proposed activities.
- Debunking myths about Lyme disease. // Filipino Post;6/5/2014, p6
The article offers information on the facts and myths that must be considered about Lyme disease as advised by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Other PHAC publications. // Health Promotion & Chronic Disease Prevention in Canada: Researc;Aug2015, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p97
No abstract available.
- Reaching out through Workplaces. Cove, Linda; Leikin, Benjamin; Nigro, Sherry; Leikin, Lewis // Psynopsis: Canada's Psychology Newspaper;Fall/Automne2015, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p10
The article looks at the strategic goal of Canadian municipal public health unit Ottawa Public Health to champion mental health promotion in the workplace.
- Ad hoc preparedness. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/23/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 17, pE757
The article offers information on the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), which is reportedly inadequate in managing public health emergencies including pandemics, natural disasters, and terrorist attacks according to the agency's internal audit services division.
- Invited Commentary: Topical Threats to Epidemiology. // American Journal of Epidemiology;Jan2008, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p20
Epidemiologic studies are subject to social and cultural influences, which can influence the way samples are identified or included and information is collected. In this commentary, the author highlights issues related to several factors that may influence current research methods, such as...