Considerations and costs of disclosing study findings to research participants
- Funding of investigator-initiated research projects in India: the case for moving from a proposal-based to a performance-based evaluation process. Gowrishankar, J. // Current Science (00113891);10/10/2011, Vol. 101 Issue 7, p823
The article focuses on the funding of investigator-initiated research projects in India. It discusses a need for the creation of a performance-based system for the allocation of research funds in the country. It informs that at present, researchers and investigators are not happy with the delays...
- The Transformative Nature of Transparency in Research Funding. Mietchen, Daniel // PLoS Biology;Dec2014, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
This Perspective extends an ongoing debate on transparency in research funding, advocating the exploration of more radical approaches.
- Grant Application Review: The Case of Transparency. Gurwitz, David; Milanesi, Elena; Koenig, Thomas // PLoS Biology;Dec2014, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
: Grant Application Review: The Case of Transparency Public funding agencies should be more transparent in awarding research grants to allow researchers and the public better insight into decision making.
- Access to the past. Crawford, John // Information Scotland;Dec2004, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p14
Reports on a research project investigating the Edzell Library in Angus, Scotland. Amount of fund granted to four students from the Robert Gordon University to carry out research into the library; Scope of the research project; Purpose of the creation of an interactive Web site; Implications of...
- Consumers Relying on Context to Decide to Share Information. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2016, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p12
The article reports that consumers tend to be cautious on exchanging personal information with companies, according to a study conducted by organization Pew Research Center.
- Disaggregated disclosures. // Accountancy;Apr93, Vol. 111 Issue 1196, p100
This article reports on the publication of a research report titled "Reporting Disaggregated Information," by the British Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), as of April 1993, as an introduction to a larger project re-evaluating the current U.S. standards for reporting disaggregated...
- THE JOURNALIST: FRIEND OR FOE? Meyer, Philip // Public Opinion Quarterly;Fall71, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p347
The article discusses the similarities and differences between a journalist and a researcher. If there is conflict between the aims of the journalist and the aims of the public opinion researcher, there is some comfort in the fact that it is short-run conflict. In the long run, when elections...
- A compliance officer discloses. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p53
Discusses the important issues raised in a compliance officer's disclosure. Officer involved in the case; Regulations concerning disclosure of information.
- Comcast Funds New Third-Party R&D. // CT Daily;3/13/2013, p1
The article focuses on the Technology Research and Development Fund created by the information services provider Comcast Corp. of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in order to provide various research grants and aid for open source development. It informs that Comcast will not disclose the amount...