Justice system the wrong route to help for mentally ill
- Tribute to Constable William Crews. Blackwell, Cheryl // Lamp;2010, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p7
A tribute is offered to Constable William Crews who died on duty on September 9, 2010.
- Why CMHCs belong in networks. Ray, Charles G. // Behavioral Health Management;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the role of community mental health centers (CMHCs) in the future of behavioral managed care. Development of provider-owned networks; Managed care challenges for CMHCs; CMHC's targets for acquisitions and mergers.
- Largest mental health care facilities. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/25/97, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p31
Presents the top rated mental health care facilities situated in New Orleans, Louisiana, ranked by the number of licensed psychiatric beds. Name of facilities and addresses; Number of licensed psychiatric beds; Affiliated clinics and areas of specialization; Contact information.
- An application of the Agency Cultural Competence Checklist to... Dana, Richard H.; Matheson, Lou // Psychosocial Rehabilitation Journal;Apr92, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p101
Presents information on the Ethnic Minority/Refugee Mental Health Program, of the Spokane Community Mental Health center (CMHC), a community mental health center that serves a small multicultural population, looking specifically at the application of the Agency Cultural Competence Checklist....
- Peace of mind. Milne, Kirsty // New Statesman;2/7/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4320, p26
Focuses on the success of a community mental health care program in Birmingham, England. Launch of a psychiatric emergency team to attend to sick residents; Treatment of mentally ill patients at home; Regular visits by psychiatric nurses.
- Developing a community mental health program in the Venezuelan Andes: Implications... Levine, Phyllis // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Winter1996, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p23
Examines the development of an innovative community mental program in the state of Merida, a rural area in Venezuela. Use of staff training, coordination with existing health systems and community development.
- Chiefs of staff, mental health. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/1/96 Supplement Health Care Revie, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p36A
Focuses on the chiefs of staff at mental health facilities in New Orleans, Louisiana. Names of these executives; Where they are employed; Details about their professional and educational background; General information on these mental health executives.
- Directors of nursing, mental health. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/1/96 Supplement Health Care Revie, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p39A
Presents information on the directors of nursing in mental health facilities in the New Orleans, Louisiana area. Names of the directors; Where they are employed; Details about their professional and educational background; General information about these mental health directors.
- Community mental health services. White, Karen; Roy, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/21/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7097, p1817
Focuses on community mental health services. Referral in mental health services; Description of the organization in community mental health service; Case management and community outreach services; Care for severe mental disorders; Supervision register and supervised discharge.