Guidelines cor enteral feeding in adult hospital patients
- Immune Modulation. Stoff, Jesse A. // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Apr2003, Issue 237, p89
Discusses the application of immune modulation concepts to help maintain or regain physical fitness. Recognition of what is foreign to the body; Neutralization of unwanted microbial invaders; Maintenance of dynamic equilibrium for the immune system to adjust to changing circumstances.
- Cytokines and Invertebrates: TGF-ï¿½ and PDGF. Franchini, A.; Malagoli, D.; Ottaviani, E. // Current Pharmaceutical Design;Aug2006, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p3025
The review outlines the presence and function of TGF-ï¿½ and PDGF family members in invertebrates. TGF-ï¿½ and PDGF play an important role in development, in immune and neuroendocrine responses and in the wound repair by activating the classical transduction pathways. Generally speaking,...
- Basics of Cutaneous Wound Repair. Clark, Ridchard A. F. // Journal of Dermatologic Surgery & Oncology;Aug93, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p693
BACKGROUND. Cutaneous wound repair consists of multiple integrated networks of cell-matrix-cytokine interactions. It is generally believed that a better understanding of these networks will lead to improved care of cutaneous wounds, whether freshly made by the surgeon's scalpel or previously...
- The Role of Topical Growth Factors in Chronic Wounds. Braund, Rhiannon; Hook, Sarah; Medlicott, Natalie J. // Current Drug Delivery;Sep2007, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p195
Chronic wounds display aberrant wound healing or wound healing that deviates from normal. The term â€˜chronic woundsâ€™, implies that these wounds do not heal in a timely fashion. They are often predisposed to infection, and not uncommonly result in amputation. Growth factors and...
- Getting strong--at home. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Apr97, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p6
Presents several home exercises for muscle strength, according to the book `Strong Women Stay Young,' by Miriam Nelson. Knee extension; Upward row; Toe stand without weights.
- ASK AFAA. // American Fitness;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Presents answers to question pertaining to physical fitness. Importance of muscular strength in physical fitness; Ways to improve and gain strength; Ways to prevent injury to muscles during exercise.
- HIGH-VOLUME OR HIGH-INTENSITY. Mannie, Ken // Coach & Athletic Director;Nov2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p6
Compares the benefits of high-volume and high-density physical strength training.
- How Does your Strength Program Stack Up? Emry, Troy A. // Coach & Athletic Director;Nov2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p22
Presents a questionnaire on physical strength training.
- Be the Strongest Guy on Your Block! Jacobs, Mark // Men's Health;Nov99, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p114
Enumerates muscle strengthening activities for men. Procedure for the fireman's drag; Position for lifting anything off the ground; How to drive a nail with one strike; Procedures for splitting wood. INSET: Blue-Collar Brawn.