Constitutional Clean Up
- N.J. Governor-Elect Sees $3.7B Shortfall for Next Two Years. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p6
Focuses on a shortfall in state revenue predicted by the governor of New Jersey James McGreevey. Expected shortfall in billion dollars; Governor's call to legislators regarding spending plans; Budget analysis regarding shortfall in a year.
- Agent Ownership/Commission Rights Bill Signed In N.J. By McGreevey; PIANJ Hails It. // Insurance Advocate;8/25/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the bill regrading insurance policies signed by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey. Provision of the bill; Specifications of the signed bill; Implication of the bill on insurance companies.
- Hail James E., Farewell Donald D. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;1/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Editorial. Reports the swearing in of Governor James E. McGreevey, the 51st governor of New Jersey. Occurrence of a celebratory rally in front of the State House; Details of the ascension of McGreevey to the gubernatorial position; Bills of interest to the business community signed into law by...
- James E. McGreevey. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p18
Profiles Governor-elect James E. McGreevey of New Jersey. Educational background; Details on his career in politics.
- A Law That Shouldn't Be Cloned. Stricherz, Mark // Christianity Today;Mar2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the bill signed into law by New Jersey Governor James McGreevey which permits creating cloned humans for research. Highlights of the bill's provisions; Status of efforts to ban all forms of human cloning in the U.S. Senate; Information on human cloning; Reasons of Governor McGreevey...
- Auto Reform Accelerates. // njbiz;5/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p4
Looks at the status of a automobile insurance reform bill supported by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey in the legislature as of May 12, 2003. Highlights on the bill; Sectors that are supportive of the bill.
- New Scrutiny for Child-Care Workers. Mulroy, Gene J. // njbiz;10/6/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p14
Talks about the plan of New Jersey Supreme Court Justice Peter Verniero to resign in August 2004. Comment from Governor James E. McGreevey on the announcement of Justice Verniero; Information on a bill signed by Governor McGreevey, requiring workers in child-care facilities to undergo criminal...
- And This Is How We Make Tax Policy? Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;6/24/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p14
Discusses how New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey's proposed business-tax increases was debated. Concern about the tax package; Reason economists are not saying a word against the tax hikes.
- The Two Budget Deficits. // Business News New Jersey;5/6/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p18
Editorial. Comments on the debate over the state budget for fiscal 2003 in New Jersey. Business tax proposals of Governor James E. McGreevey; Factors contributing to the state budget deficit; Reduction in sales tax revenues.