- Call for assistance on local audits. // Accountancy;Oct81, Vol. 92 Issue 1058, p13
This article announces that Great Britain's Minister for Local Government and Environmental Sciences Tom King has been inviting accounting firms to assist the District Audit Service (DAS) in the audit of local authorities. The initiative is a prelude to the proposed formation in early 1983 of an...
- State Audit Of lFA Flaws in '04. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p1
Reports that the Illinois Finance Authority lacked a comprehensive accounting system and procedures when it opened its doors in January 2004 and that resulted in numerous accounting and financing reporting problems. Results of the agency's financial and compliance audit for January through June...
- IT'S ABOUT MORE THAN MONEY. Ivory, Mark // Community Care;1/8/2004, Issue 1504, p24
Profiles James Strachan, head of the Audit Commission of Great Britain. Career in investment banking; His term of office at the Royal National Institute for Deaf People; Views on public sector regulation.
- PROGRESS OF THE INDEPENDENT POST AUDIT PROGRAM IN ILLINOIS. Morey, Lloyd // Accounting Review;Jan1963, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p102
This article focuses on the post audit program in Illinois established in the U.S. General Assembly in the year 1957. The post audit program deals entirely with post facto audits of all offices, departments, boards, commissions, institutions, and other bodies "expending or encumbering State...
- New guidance on Auditor's Responsibility When Reviewing Interim Financial Information. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2003, Vol. 35 Issue 4, Technical Supplement p50
Reports on the invitation from the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board of the International Federation of Accountants on comments on a proposed International Standard on Auditing in Ireland. Purpose of the auditing standards; Application of the proposed standard; Features of...
- Supreme audit court of auditors' insights on operational audit challenges. Haidarinejad, Ghodratollah; Shekarbegi, Sohrab; Kazemi, Ali Akbar; Jamali, Sadegh // Management Science Letters;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p757
This paper presents an empirical study to find out the possible barriers on implementing operational audit. The proposed study distributes some questionnaires among supreme audit court of auditors and analyzes the questions. The results indicate that many governmental organizations are not...
- Omaha Convention Authority Asks for Audit, Mayor Says No. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/31/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32208, p42
Reports on the call of the Metropolitan Entertainment and Convention Authority (MECA) board for an audit of Omaha, Nebraska's budget. Refusal of the request by Mayor Mike Fahey; Claim by board chairman David Sokol that the city has attempted to balance its budget by pushing for concessions from...
- Financial Report of the United States Government, 1999: B-285019. // GAO Reports;4/1/2000, p1
GAO presented the United States government's 1999 financial report. The report includes: (1) audited financial statements that cover the executive, legislative, and judicial branches; and (2) GAO's audit of the financial report.
- National Audit Office. // OECD Journal on Budgeting;2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on the functions of the National Audit Office in Denmark. Role in the formulation of audit plan; Responsibility in conducting traditional financial compliance audits; Number of staff.