Spokane, Wash., Looks at Bans to Cover Garage Debt Default
- THE ROLE OF FEDERAL TAXATION IN THE SUPPLY OF MUNICIPAL BONDS: EVIDENCE FROM MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENTS. Metcalf, Gilbert E. // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p57
This paper considers ways in which federal tax policy affects municipal asset and debt holdings. The tax treatment of municipal bonds and income creates an arbitrage opportunity for communities to issue tax-exempt debt and invest in financial assets. I present evidence that suggests the rules in...
- Investors Scooping Up City's Sewer Repair Bonds. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;5/11/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the move of the local government of San Diego to issue $453.8 million in revenue bonds to refund older debt and pay for repairs and upgrades to its aging sewer system in California. It cites the statement of city chief financial officer Mary Lewis on the interests of...
- Dallas Expects Small But Welcome Savings With $239M Refunding. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32076, p4
No abstract available.
- Dallas Tapping Into $1.35B Authorization With $129.7M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32647, p42
The article reports on the major municipal projects in Dallas, Texas, which are observed to have the first inflow of cash from the $1.35 billion of general obligation bonds approved by voters in November 2006 with a competitive sale of 129.7 million. According to David Cook, the city's chief...
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT. Levine, Ruth // American City & County;Dec2001, Vol. 116 Issue 18, p10
Presents information on the revised version of Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code in the U.S. Provisions of the revised version; Comparison of the revised version with the prior version of Article 9; Implications of the revised version for security interests and bonds issued by the local...
- Voters Back Billions of Bonds. Kittower, Diane // Governing;Jan2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p54
Reports on the support of voters to the bonds proposed by states and localities in the U.S. Value of the bonds; Aim of the bond debt.
- Unemployment Funding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p1
Reports on the sale of a fixed-rate piece of an unemployment trust fund revenue bond issue by the local government in Illinois. Value of the trust fund; Reason for the sale of the fixed-rate bonds; Senior manager of the sale.
- D.C. Needs to Refund $350 Million To Stay Under Debt Cap, CEO Says. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/8/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33262, p44
The article reports on the need for Washington D.C. to refund 350 million U.S. dollars of its outstanding fixed-rate bonds to stay under debt capacity. Chief financial officer Natwar M. Gandhi says that the refunding will affect principal repayment on certain general obligation bonds and will...
- D.C. Mulls at Least $300 Million of Triple-A, Income Tax-Backed BABs. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/16/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33132, p4
The article reports on the initiative of the federal government of Washington D.C. to issue at least $300 million of taxable, direct pay Build American Bonds (BABs) as triple-A income tax revenue bonds in the fall of 2009. Natwar Gandhi, chief financial officer of the district, explains that the...