MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, April 19
- Sleepy August Trading Session Sends Munis, Treasuries Down. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31954, p2
Reports on the decline in the municipal bond prices in the U.S. as of August 23, 2004. Impact of lack of pressure from supply in the secondary on the downside in the tax-exempt sector; Decline in the government bond market; Impact of the decline on the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;09/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31971, p32
The article presents statistical information on securities markets and prices. The Municipal Bond Index was 111-29 a day before. It was highest on March 11, 2004, with index 116-02. It was lowest on May 13, 2004, with value of 104-30. The 30-Day Visible Supply reflects the total dollar volume of...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, February 8. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p2
Presents a chart showing the performance of the bond market in the United States on February 8, 2005. Government securities prices; Performance of the municipal bond index.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32138, p40
This article presents statistical representation of the U.S. market as of May 23, 2005. The statistics is related to market indicator, short-term tax-exempt yields, U.S. securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields; visible supply declines; general obligation bond prices...
- Most Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Drop Amid Influx of Paper. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/1/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32102, p41
The article focuses on recent developments in the bond market in the U.S., as of April 1, 2005. A number of traders alleged that American International Group Inc. (AIG) had more than $1 billion worth of bonds out for the bid on Tuesday and Wednesday. The bulk of the value was offered on Tuesday...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p37
Presents statistical data about the bond market in the United States as of July 28, 2005. Municipal bond index; Securities prices; General obligations yields; One-year note index.
- 'Year-End Roll Down' Trade Likely to Be Less Popular in 2005. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32283, p6
The article reports that year-end roll down trade in the U.S. will not be used frequently this year because spreads in the municipal market have narrowed down to a considerable extent during last year. The roll down is a term used to indicate a trading maneuver used frequently by the...
- Munis Move Sideways; Players Wait for Bernanke. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32319, p2
The article reports on the activity of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Some bonds changed bands at cheaper prices and one or two basis points higher in yield in early trading. Participants watched the secondary market and waited for the new head of the central bank to shed light on the...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32120, p37
The article presents various statistical data related to various bonds and securities in the United States. In the daily segment, the data provides market information on various bonds like Municipal bond index, 40 average dollar price, average yield to par call, average yield to maturity. In the...