Munis End Week on Positive Note; Economic Data Bolsters Treasuries
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p40
Presents charts and a graph on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market as of April 26, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Municipal market data; General obligation bond prices; Municipal bond index; Municipal market yields.
- NEW YORK: DASNY Gives $243M Nod. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/30/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32681, p9
The article reports on the approval of three tax-exempt bond sales totaling up to $243 million by the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY). It will sell $138 million of consolidate service contract refunding bonds in August 2007. The bonds would refund approximately $109.1...
- Munis Catch Bid on the Back of 2d Day of Treasury Gains. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, William // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p2
Reports that Municipal Bond Market has caught a bid on the back of a second straight day of gains in Treasuries during the auction of U.S. Department of Treasury's three-year notes in the U.S. Highest bid for the auctioned three-year notes; Percentage of decrease in tax-exempt yields; Impact of...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p29
Presents charts and a graph showing bond market performance in the United States as of June 8, 2004. Tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields; Municipal bond index; Municipal bond prices.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p37
Presents charts and graphs showing bond market indicators in the United States as of November 17, 2004. Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Visible supply rises; Municipal market data general obligation yields; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- NAST Weighs In On Circular 230 Changes. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p4
Focuses on the National Association of State Treasurers' adoption of a resolution that urges the U.S. Treasury to exempt unqualified tax-exempt bond opinions from the scope of proposed changes to Circular 230. Claim that the inclusion of unqualified tax-exempt bond opinions in the proposed...
- Late Summer Lethargy Continues As Municipals Finish Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond secondary market in the U.S. Observation that buyers were not aggressive enough in the first part of the session to push bond prices higher; Contribution of the longstanding underperformance of short-dated Treasuries to the weakness in tax-exempt...
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;03/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30840, p29
Presents statistics on the bond market in the United States, as of March 2, 2000. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal Market Data general obligation yields.
- Munis Firmer as Buyers Look Forward to Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32507, p2
The article provides updates on the bond market in the U.S. The municipal market was slightly firmer as of November 10, 2006, as investors look forward and the release of potential market moving data. U.S. traders states that Treasury gains prompted tax-exempt yields to drop about two basis...