The Option to Swap
- Anaheim Schools CIP Cut. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32307, p39
The article reports on the decision of the Anaheim Union High School District to curtail the scale of a major capital improvement plan due to increasing costs. The plan includes $132 million in voter-approval general obligation bonds. Meanwhile, district's deputy superintendent and chief...
- Bricklaying an Academic Foundation. Goldman, Jay P. // School Administrator;Nov2005, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p59
This article profiles Columbus, Ohio-based school superintendent Kirk Hamilton. The South-Western City Schools, which is managed by Hamilton, has 21,000 students. It is the state's 6th largest district where more than 35% of all households have school-age children. Hamilton devoted much of his...
- Dallas school District May Have to Seek More Debt Sooner. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p5
Reports that the bond program for the Dallas Independent School District approved by voters in 2002 has been inadequate to keep up with growing enrollment, according to interim superintendent Larry Groppel in Texas. Request for voters to approve another general obligation bond issue; Total...
- Authorization in Limbo. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p1
Roughly $381 million of bonds approved by voters in November 2002 for Richland County School District No. 1 in South Carolina could be in jeopardy due to a dispute over the wording on the ballot possibly being misleading. Voters were seemingly misled as to exactly how the bond proceeds...
- Ohio's Eyes Are on Dayton. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31649, p1
This article reports on the plan of the Dayton City School District in Ohio to sell bonds in the week starting June 2, 2003, as financiers struggle with revised state school funding rules and complex federal tax regulations in order to take advantage of favorable market conditions. Whether that...
- Bonds All Around. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p31
Reports development related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 2003. Number of bond proposals submitted in three schools districts; Approval of the voters in Oklahoma City for charter revisions affecting bond financing; Percentage gained in debt referendums in Putnam City, Oakdale and Norman...
- BCISD selects interim leader. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/16/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 46, p1A
The article offers information on the new interim superintendent selected by Burnet Independent School District (BCISD).
- A look backover superintendent's first year. McBurnett, Keith // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);4/ 3/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 14, p7A
The article looks back on the first year of service of the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCSID) Superintendent, wherein he made several accomplishments including the implementation of an Elementary Counseling Program.
- Search for Rees' successor begins. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;11/20/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p1A
The article reports that the search for new superintendent to replace the current Superintendent Beau Rees for by Graham Independent School District (ISD) is on.