A Better March
- Forecasting Revenue Receipts in the States: Current Challenges in California. Williams, Brad; Ingenito, Robert // National Tax Journal;Sep99, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p361
Abstract - General Fund revenue growth in California has been quite strong in recent years, led by major increases in personal income taxes (PITS). This paper reviews the performance of the state's major taxes in the recent expansion, then turns to the main issue facing revenue estimators in...
- STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS. // Finweek;12/6/2007, p69
The article presents information on the statutory requirements for business start up. There are various taxes that are prerequisites in complying the statutory benefits and these includes the income tax, where the all the registered businesses must have their yearly submission; Provisional tax,...
- THE INSIDE STORY. Waage, Scott // Orange County Business Journal;6/26/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p10
The citizens in California face a 0.3 percent increase in the income tax burden according to a survey conducted by investors in the state. However, the trust income with the proper out-of-state structure may not be taxed by the state. A trust fund may also be used to protect the savings of an...
- POST SCRIPTS. D. M. // Saturday Evening Post;3/12/1938, Vol. 210 Issue 37, p24
Focuses on issues related to income taxation in the U.S. and Europe.
- GROUP TAX AND RELATED ORGIES. Keefauver, John // National Review;5/15/1981, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p569
The article relates the author's experience in holding an income tax orgy in the U.S. The idea behind the event is described. The problem encountered with children is discussed. The solution developed for the problem of the group is also explained.
- Money for jury service. Woolf, Emile // Accountancy;Jun93, Vol. 111 Issue 1198, p78
Answers an inquiry concerning assessment of income tax in Great Britain. Compensation for "loss earnings"; Provisions of the Value Added Tax Act 1983.
- THE NEXT TAX FOR REFORM? Sandford, Cedric // Accountancy;Feb1989, Vol. 103 Issue 1146, p20
This article illustrates the need for reform in the National Insurance contribution system in Great Britain. While the Conservative government is busy simplifying and reducing the income tax, that other compulsory levy on income, the National Insurance contribution (NIC), has remained highly...
- Time isn't of the essence Could Revenue accuse e-filers of non-disclosure? Jooste, Ruan // Finweek;2/5/2009, p61
The author reflects on the mismatch of the rules between the e-filing and the Income Tax Act in South Africa. He discussed the possible effect of the mismatch in which e-filing did not longer require taxpayers to submit supporting documentation, while the Income Tax Act still prescribes that all...
- Bringing Online Sales in Line. Ward, Daniel // Language Magazine;Jan2009, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p6
The author presents his views on the legitimate source of state and local tax revenue. He discusses that billions of dollars of sales tax revenue are being lost annually through outdated practices. He mentions that more than 90 percent of education spending is funded by local and state budgets,...