Ex-Preston Gates Lawyer to Create Firm
- TIME TO TAKE A LEAP? // Law Practice: The Business of Practicing Law;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p37
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within a section of the current issue on topics including practice of law, career development of lawyers and law placement.
- Changes in the economy, the legal environment, and the role of the lawyer are reshaping law firms' managements. Heintz, Bruce D. // American Bar Association Journal;Apr81, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p447
Examines the impact of changes in the economy, legal environment and the role of lawyers on law firms' management. Factors attributed to successful law firms; Constraints to professional growth among lawyers; Importance of division of labor in a law firm.
- First-year associates find it to be anything but mundane. Witkowski, Tom // Buffalo Law Journal;9/8/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 72, p18
Reports that first-year associates in Boston law offices in Massachusetts find more interesting work than they expected. Concern raised by lawyers; Tasks of associates; Remarks of Palmer and Dodge LLP associate Mark Vernazza on his work.
- people. // Lawyer;10/11/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p25
Reports on the career developments of lawyers in the practice of law in Great Britain. Decision of Paul Murphy to rejoin as a partner in the Atlanta office of the firm where he spent nine years as a litigator; Recruitment of Roiter Zucker partner Scott Farnsworth by Berryman Shacklock as an...
- REFORMER IN POWER. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p20
The article offers information on the career development of Joe Hackney in the U.S. It mentions that his main source of income is his job of splitting property between divorcing spouses. He also raises cattle when he is not practicing law. It states that his background is not a perfect analogy...
- Shifting Gears. Robinson, Laurie N. // InsideCounsel;Mar2007, Vol. 17 Issue 184, p8
The author suggests strategies that can be used by legal professionals to improve their career. She believes that taking on new responsibilities is one way to break the monotony and stagnation of one's career. She highlights the importance of learning new practice areas within the law and...
- "Author! Author!". Rice, Elmer // American Heritage;Apr1965, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p46
The article discusses the experience of the author working in a law office in New York. During the course of his employment, he had worked through night law school, advanced by stages from file to managing clerk and had his weekly wage increased. The goals he wanted to attain are also cited. His...
- Call for Nominations: 16th Annual Jefferson B. Fordham Awards. // State & Local Law News;Winter2013, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p2
The article reports that the nominations are sought for the 16th Jefferson B. Fordham Awards under the categories including law office accomplishment, lifetime achievement, advocacy, and up 8c comers. The nominations for recipients in each of the four categories need to be submitted in a...
- Kirklees Council to build panel of barristers. Parker, Jon // Lawyer;1/15/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the plan of Kirklees Metropolitan Council to build a panel for barristers in West Yorkshire, England. The panel has been formulated to secure economies of scale as well as to reduce the annual spending on legal counsel. Moreover, the panel will comprise of four sub-panels,...