Providence, R.I., and Brown University Eye Savings, Set to Market Refundings
- Oklahoma City Voters to Weigh Tax to Fund Horse Show Complex. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/30/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32019, p7
The article reports on a proposal to increase hotel tax in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Oklahoma City voters on December 14, 2004 will weigh in on a proposal to increase the city's hotel tax to finance $50 million of bonds for improvements to horse-show facilities at State Fair Park. If the...
- Bedford, Mass., Selling $28M of Notes. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/19/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32426, p4
The article reports that the local government of Bedford, Massachusetts is selling $28 million in general obligation notes to finance construction and renovation works. The notes will be sold in two different deals. One sale involves the sale of $20 million and will be used to finance part of a...
- Arundel's Big GO Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32342, p35
The article reports that Anne Arundel County, Maryland will sell general obligation bonds valued at $206.7 million. The bonds will be used for water and sewer and general improvement projects. About $85 million of the deal is new money, while the remaining $41.5 million is a refunding debt which...
- Comptroller: N.Y., N.Y.C. Issuers to Sell $5 Billion in 1Q, Down From 2003. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31801, p5
Reports that New York State and New York City bond issuers are expected to sell about $5 billion of debt during the first quarter of 2004. Major new-money deals concluded by the state and local governments; Tax-exempt revenue bonds issued by the state's Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- BAB Debt Makes Debut. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/25/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33086, p1
The article reports on the plan of the city government of Stevens Point to close $3.65 million deal, the first deal under the new Build America Bonds (BAB) program in Wisconsin. Stevens Point Common Council sanctioned the deal to take advantage of the BAB program, which some market participants...
- Utah Sets Rare $1B GO Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/15/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33183, p1
The article reports on the issuance of a 1.04 billion U.S. dollar worth of general obligation (GO) bonds in 2009 in Utah. It states that GO bonds from the state attract investor interest due to their triple-A ratings. The issue is taxable, with 730 U.S. million dollars of Build America Bonds and...
- Munis Firm as Heavy Calendar Draws Bidders. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article focuses on the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. Bidders are enticed into the market due to new bond issues including the one billion-dollar of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority bonds. According to traders, tax-exempt yields decline by two or three basis points as dealers...
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p8
Presents a chart depicting the schedule of bond deals of several government agencies and local authorities in the U.S. as of September 29, 2005.
- Southeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Sept. 27, 2005. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p31
Presents a chart depicting the plain/insured general obligation yield curves in the U.S. as of September 27, 2005. Ratings assigned to the transaction of the state of Alabama;Yield curves for five-year notes of Georgia; Rates of the 10-year bonds for the state of West Virginia.