Slow But Stable
- Inland Revenue (UK). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p134
A definition of the term "Inland Revenue (UK)" is presented. It refers to the government department responsible for the collection and administration of income tax, corporation tax, capital gains tax, National Insurance contributions, inheritance tax, stamp duty and petroleum revenue tax.
- Illinois Ends Fiscal Year Owing Up to $8B. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/17/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33748, p8
The article presents information the collection of tax revenues in Illinois for the fiscal year 2012 in July. It informs that the tax revenue increased from 7.5 million U.S. dollars to eight million U.S. dollars. Most of the additional revenue representing a 7.4 percent growth rate was used in...
- Government faces Â£7bn revenue shortfall. // Accountancy;Nov2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1311, p8
The article reports of a Â£7 billion revenue shortfall in British government, as of November 1, 2002. Ernst & Young's economic forecasting group the ITEM Club, warns that this massive revenue shortfall may force the government to raise taxes. The ITEM blames the estimated shortfall on a...
- Greater Than Expectations. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p31
Reports on the level of sales and income tax revenue generated by the state of Indiana for the month of May 2004. Amount of revenue collected by the state; Revenue from riverboat gaming; Comparison between the forecasted and actual corporate income tax collections.
- STATE INCOME TAX REVENUES IN 2002 AND 2030: IMPACT OF THE RETIREMENT OF THE BABY BOOM. Manzi, Nina; Michael, Joel; Wilson, Paul // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2005, p118
The article discusses the impact of the retirement of the baby boom generation on public finance in Minnesota. A simulation of the impact of an aging population on state income tax revenues between 2002 and 2030 was conducted. Results show that tax revenues decline at 1.8 %, while the growth in...
- Passage of Income Tax Increase is Essential to Our Entire Community. Daniels, Michael; Hayes, Chris // Outlook: Columbus;2009, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
In this article, the authors present their views on the government's proposal to increase income tax in the city of Columbus, Ohio. The government has proposed to raise the city's income tax from 2 to 2.5 percent. They claim that this increase is essential to the city's entire community as it...
- Incentives for Businesses to Go Green. Schultz, Thomas D.; Heitger, Dan L. // CPA Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p44
The article examines the tax incentives offered to businesses in the U.S. to encourage them to go green or become more environmentally friendly. Majority of eco-tax incentives are provided at the local or state levels. They can be in the form of income tax savings, sales tax benefits, use tax...
- Tax Methods and the United States. // Congressional Digest;May47, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p133
Discusses the taxation in the U.S. Reasons why taxes are levied; Origin of the income tax; Citation of the Revenue Act of 1935; Methods of taxation.
- Tax Time. // New Republic;4/8/78, Vol. 178 Issue 14, p2
Focuses on the income tax system in the U.S. Estimated amount of money to be received by the government in the form of income tax; Argument pertaining to the confidence in the tax structure; Effect of American tax system on inflation; revelation that most American families, despite inflation,...