Curbing the TSA's Take
- Gopher Stadium Advances. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32359, p31
The article reports on the approval of the 9-million-dollar appropriation by the Minnesota State House on April 11, 2006. The appropriation is dedicated to cover half of a debt service payment for 250 million in bonds that will be sold to cover the costs of building a new football stadium for...
- Minnesota Lawmakers Vote on Bonding Bill, Stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32386, p4
The article reports that the Minnesota Legislature is expected to consider the financing plans for the 522 million dollar open-air stadium of the Major League baseball franchise and a 248 million dollar football stadium for the University of Minnesota Gophers. The legislative body is expected to...
- N.Y. Assembly Proposal Separates Javits Expansion and Stadium Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p40
Reports on the New York Assembly's version of legislation to permit the expansion of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Limitation of the financing plan of Governor George Pataki and Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg; Restriction of using the Battery Park City Authority money for the project;...
- Stadium Revisited. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p35
Reports on the proposal for funding a Colts football stadium by the state Senate in Indiana. Revision of the financing scheme that included tax on services in Marion County; Recommendation of hotel and motel taxes.
- Gov't approves HUF 9.6 bln for stadium construction. // Hungary A.M.;8/29/2013, p5
The article reports on the approval by the government of Hungary for the earmark worth 9.6 billion Hungarian forint for the construction of a football stadium in Szombathely.
- Grant interference. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/3/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that a 200,000 U.S. dollars worth of grant from the National Football League's (NFL) Grassroots Field Grant Program has been given to Nashua, New Hampshire school officials to fund the replacement of the aging turf field at Stellos Stadium in summer of 2011.
- N.Y. Jets Out, PILOTS In? O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p1
The article reports that an unusual approach to debt involving payments in lieu of taxes might become the public finance legacy of New York City's thwarted attempt to build a stadium in Manhattan for the Jets football team. The city's plan to construct the stadium on the far West Side suffered a...
- Stadium Revision OK'd. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/10/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32545, p27
The article reports on the approval of the University of Minnesota Board of Regents to a revised Big 10 football stadium plan in Minnesota. The plan involved an additional $40 million to the original allocated fund. The said increase is caused by the need for structural reinforcement to support...
- Stadium RFPs in San Diego. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p35
The article reports on the plan of the San Diego County, California Board of Supervisors to put out requests for proposals from financial advisers and attorneys seeking help with a potential stadium project for the San Diego Chargers football team. After a failed attempt by the National Football...