XLCA's Stevens Adds CEO to His Title
- So you want to IPO. Here's 10 questions you should ask yourself as a founder or CEO. Stone, Philippa; Wilkinson, Stefanie; Ziegelaar, Michael // BRW;8/19/2015, p3
The article discusses several questions a chief executive officer or a founder of a company should ask himself when preparing for his initial public offering (IPO). These include whether the IPO is his best option and he has the scale to list, whether his proposed advisors have done IPOs in his...
- XL Capital Gets VP For Consumer ABS. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p6
Reports on appointment of Deborah Murnin as vice president of consumer asset-backed finance in XL Capital Assurance Inc. Educational and career background of Murnin; Job responsibilities.
- XL Takes $647M Reserve Hit. Ha, Michael // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;1/19/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p5
Reports on Bermuda Islands-based insurance company XL Capital Assurance Inc.'s announcement that it its taking a $647 million after-tax charge for its 2003 fourth quarter. Major components to XL's overall reserve charge; Plan to issue convertible securities to raise at least $750 million in the...
- Ambac Executive Goes to XLCA to Be Director of U.S. Public Finance. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p3
Reports on XL Capital Assurance Inc.'s (XLCA) appointment of executive Michael Linko to be director of U.S. public finance. Duties of Linko; XLCA's capital infusion from its parent company; Career highlights of Linko.
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;7/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32923, p2
Two corrections to the article related to financial services industry are presented, including one on the affiliation of Douglas Offerman that was published in the July 21, 2008 issue and another on the abbreviation for XL Capital Assurance Inc. that was published in the July 18, 2008.
- LifeSearch's Baigrie questions IP sales incentive. Ray, Devraj // Money Marketing;1/23/2014, p48
The article reports that chief executive Tom Baigrie of insurance company LifeSearch has questioned whether advisers have enough incentive to sell income protection given the lack of clarity around state benefits and the work involved during the "Income Protection Task Force" event in January 2014.
- Prescient's stockbroking firm comes out on top. Venter, Willie // Finweek;10/6/2011 Focus on Prescient Supple, p11
The article offers information on the business of Prescient Investment Management's stockbroking firm Prescient Securities (P-Sec). Willie Venter, the chief executive officer (CEO) of P-Sec, says his firm is involved in dynamic, progressive and client-focused stockbroking business. It is...
- Seix Advisors Bullish on Bank Loans. Lindorff, Dave // Investment Management Weekly;6/16/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p1
The article features Bob Sherman, chief executive officer (CEO) of Seix Investment Advisors. According to Sherman, the company has been handling high yield securities for eleven years and their strategy has worked for them even during tough times. He also adds that his company is not just after...
- DANNY LUDEMAN. Lodge, Michelle // On Wall Street;Jan2009, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p34
The article features Danny Ludeman, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Wachovia Securities. Ludeman heads 19,000 registered representatives who believe in his ability to focus on important issues. According to Ludeman, the success of Wachovia Securities is supported by the special...