Piper Jaffray Adds Four to Cleveland Office
- Piper Jaffray Hires FAF Exec Gibas. // American Banker;1/28/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 18, p6
The author reports that John Gibas was hired by Piper Jaffray Cos. as an institutional marketing director. Reasons why Gibas is being hired by the company are mentioned. According to the article, Gibas plans on building relationship with institutional clients such as foundations, corporations...
- Analysts Puzzled By Piper's Fuzziness. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/9/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 18, p13
Reports on the decline in the net income of Piper Jaffray Cos. in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Competition faced by the company in the middle market; Impact of the decline in equity issuance on investment banking fees and the trading volumes in the aftermarket; Problem with the principle transactions...
- Piper Jaffray settlement approved by court. // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p42
Reports that according to a statement made by Piper Jaffray the firm received final federal court approval for a class-action settlement with investors pertaining to the use of mortgage-backed securities in the firm's seven closed-end mutual funds. Amount to be paid to shareholders over a four...
- Piper Jaffray offers investors fee-structure options. Elliott, Robert S. // Inside Tucson Business;3/4/96 Suppelement Finance 96, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p11B
Reports on brokerage firm Piper Jaffray Inc.'s offer of investment alternative fee structures with different programs based on value-added service. Features of Advantage and Horizon investment programs; Eligible fund families available to investors; Minimum investment requirement.
- Piper deal makes U.S. Bancorp a major player. Moore, Michael O'D. // American Banker;5/7/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 86, p11
Presents information on the acquisition of Piper Jaffray by United States(U.S.) Bancorp. What the deal does for U.S. Bancorp; How the deal impacts on the industry; Indication of the name that the combined company will be called; Identification of the cost of the acquisition. INSET: A shot in...
- Promising biotechs. Ginsberg, Peter // Equities;Sep97, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p31
Analyzes the market valuation of biotechnology companies and products in the United States. Trends in the biotechnology sector; Analysis of the industry by Piper Jaffray Inc.; Investment recommendation in three pulmonary delivery companies.
- Study of on-line brokerage casts new light on leaders. Weisul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/25/97, Vol. 63 Issue 34, p14
Discusses the results of a study by Piper Jaffray on the top online discount brokerage firms in the United States. Includes Charles Schwab & Co.; Ameritrade; Discover Brokerage Direct.
- Not just numbers for Piper Jaffray analyst. Talley, Karen // American Banker;12/17/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 240, p10A
Focuses on Steven R. Schroll, senior research analyst at Piper Jaffray Inc. Approach used by Schroll in assessing bank stocks' performance; Career track; Educational background.
- Expansionary chains pull investors at Piper conference. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/96, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p11
Reports on 10 restaurant companies' participation in the 1996 Piper Jaffray conference to draw interest and investment from investment professionals. Number of companies which joined the conference; Stock performance of Quality Dining Inc.; Growth of Rainforest Cafe Inc.