MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, April 12
- Market Post: Conn. Prices; Munis Weaken. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;11/21/2014, Issue F345, p1
The last of the big pre-holiday new issue supply hit the municipal bond market on Thursday, with the state of Connecticut leading the pack.
- Municipal Bonds Add Fuel to the Fire. // USA Today Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 135 Issue 2739, p6
The article reports an increase in issues of municipal bonds in the U.S. About 39 percent of the total is state, while 61 percent is local, points out Chris Edwards, director of Tax Policy Studies at the Cato Institute in Washington, D.C. There are two main types of municipal bonds, general...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p6
Presents graphs depicting swap rates of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of November 9, 2004.
- Report: State and Local Issuance Doubled Between '96 and '02. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p5
No abstract available.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, June 8. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p2
Presents a table depicting data on government securities traded in the U.S. as of June 8, 2004. Prices of government securities; Performance of the municipal bond index; Total amount of municipal bonds.
- This bond issue makes economic sense. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/13/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p28
Comments on the decision of Salt Lake City, Utah officials to include in its ballot a vote on several municipal bonds on November 4, 2003. Reason behind the move; Bonds included in the ballot; Suggestion made concerning the bond proposals.
- Triple-A Minnesota to Competitively Sell $670M, Its Largest-Ever GO Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p44
The article reports on Minnesota's plan to competitively sell its largest deal on July 24, 2007 when it takes bid on a $670 million general obligation issue to finance projects included in the capital budgets. Dorsey & Whitney LLP has been appointed bond counsel. The article also reports on...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, April 6. // Bond Buyer;4/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31858, p2
Presents a public finance snapshot in the United States as of April 6, 2004. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Bond buyer's 30-day visible supply.
- Pennsylvania to Competitively Sell $275M of Debt Next Week. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p3
Reports on Pennsylvania's plan to competitively price new-money general obligation debt in June 2004 as part of the commonwealth's routine borrowing plans. Sale of the 20-year fixed-rate bonds on June 8 and is scheduled to close on June 17; Ratings assigned by Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's...