Guarded Hope for States
- Ohio Legislature Starts Final Negotiations on Proposed $51.3 Billion Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32151, p7
Reports that the Ohio legislature has begun final negotiations on the 2006-2007 biennium state budget. Proposal of some legislators to change some policies on state investments; Likelihood for the final legislative conference committee to favor the tax restructuring proposals introduced by...
- S&P Sees State Weaknesses Exposed In Uncertain, Post-Sept. 11 Market. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p3
Discusses review of state budgets in the U.S. by analysts at financial rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Revenue weakness seen by the agency; Tactics used by states to offset fall in revenue; States facing possible downgrade in credit ratings.
- Budget Scrum Looms in Pennsylvania Senate. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;6/27/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F325, p1
The article discusses the issues associated with the Pennsylvania's proposed 29.1 billion dollars budget. It states that debate over budget is now entering the home stretch after the House of Representatives approved it before the June 30, 2014 deadline. It further mentions that rating agency...
- MONTANA. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Apr2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the actions taken by the Montana state legislature regarding the state budget. As part of the debate, House Republicans agreed to discard $2 billion in federal funds for the state's health and human services budget to placate an ultra-conservative member. That money will...
- The calm before the next perfect storm. Villines, Michael // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/26/2006, Issue 323561, p27
The author comments on the 2006 budget process in California. He claims that the one-year budget cycle lacks an organized structure to develop and adopt long-term strategic planning for the annual investment of more than $100 billion in state resources. He suggests that the Legislature should...
- Chanhassen Upgraded. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p31
Reports that Standard & Poor's has upgraded the long-term underlying rating on Chanhassen's general obligation debt.
- S&P lowers outlook on reform delays. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/17/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p24
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to lower its outlook on the sovereign ratings of Lebanon to stable from positive. Significance of the outlook revision; Proposed budget for 2004; Factors that will influence a rating improvement.
- Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority Lowered To 'B-'. // Bondbuyer.com;2/27/2015, p42
The article reports the move by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services as of late February 2015 to downgrade its rating on Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority's series 2011B and 2011C revenue bonds to B-minus from BB-minus.
- Littleton, Mass., S&P Outlook Negative. // Bond Buyer;5/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32130, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. said it revised its outlook on the rating on Littleton, Massachusetts, general obligation debt outstanding to negative from stable based on the town's deteriorated financial position due to poor operating results and the drawdown of reserves to...