- WHO's HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/20/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 40, p31
Ranks the top financial institutions in the U.S. as of October 2003. Top brokerage stocks ranked by performance; Bank stocks ranked by performance; Indices.
- Bank and thrift stocks. // American Banker;5/12/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 91, p19
Presents statistics on bank and thrift stocks in the United States as of May 11, 1995. Top 50 banks; Specialty finance companies; Top 25 thrifts; Top ten gainers and losers.
- Investors Buy a Michigan Bank. Reosti, John // American Banker;8/16/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 157, p20
Reports that North Country Financial Corp. of Michigan has agreed to recapitalize itself by selling millions in stock to an investor group, which will give the group control of the company. Role of the current president and chief executive, C. James Bess, after the takeover; Details of the...
- Capital One Profits Up, Charges Aside. Davis, Paul // American Banker;7/20/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 139, p20
The article reports that despite a series of special charges, Capital One Financial Corp. reported a 2007 second-quarter earnings increase. The article states that Capital One's earnings rose 11 percent, and profits from the banking division rose 2.2 percent, from the first quarter. The article...
- WHO's HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/4/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 38, p35
Ranks brokerage and bank stocks based on performance as of September 29, 2004.
- Departing banking commissioner makes gains in Legislature. Everitt, Julie J. // Business Press;06/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p12
Presents a compendium of news items concerning the banking industry in Texas. State Governor George W. Bush's signing of House Bill 2067 requiring out-of-state banks to pay franchise taxes on branches in Texas; Bank of America's commendation of five employees of the company's Tarrant County...
- Is your bank right for you? Waldeck, Stephanie // Fairfield County Business Journal;09/13/99, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p19
Presents suggestions on how to choose the right bank for mid-sized businesses. Comfort level; Access to services; Capability to give business advice; Ability to adopt bank services to company;s financial activity: Access to information.
- Company notebook. // BusinessWest;Mar99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p61
Presents news items related to companies in Western Massachusetts. Includes Florence Savings Bank's financial performance in 1998; Investment received by Springboard Technology Corp. from Massachusetts Capital Resource Co.; Digital certification of PIP Printing; MassMutual Retirement Services'...
- S.F.'S ATLAS SAVINGS: BANKING ON SUCCESS. O'Loughlin, Ray // Advocate;8/5/82, Issue 348, p21
Focuses on Atlas Savings & Loan, the world's first gay-owned financial institution. Total assets of the company within a year of its inception; Support extended by the gay community towards the company; Factors that have led to success of the company.