Underwriting By Security Type
- From the home front. Russell, Thomas // Best's Review;Feb2000, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p131
Focuses on mortgage securitization in the insurance industry. Capital markets' need for higher-risk insurance-backed securities; Success in mortgage securitization arena; Origins of mortgage securitization.
- Transaction linked to multiline feels pang of industry. Colomer, Nora // Asset Securitization Report;11/26/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p15
Reports the impact of the downgrade residential mortgage-backed security to the insurance industry in Great Britain. Timelime starting with counterparty credit lowering and insurer financial strength ratings; Example of operating entity affected by the downgrade; Signal to the vulnerability of...
- A Rallying Cry for TRIA Extension. Kempner, Jonathan L. // National Real Estate Investor;Aug2004, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p54
Looks into the legislation made on risk insurance and real estate mortgage industries in the U.S. Discussion of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act of 2002; Issuance of mortgage-backed securities through the Tax Reform Act of 1986; Requirements needed to have a real estate mortgage investment conduit.
- Bill May Lead To MI/FHA Pact. // National Mortgage News;11/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p1
Reports the introduction of Ginnie Mae Choice bill by Representative Marge Roukema in Washington, D.C. Creation of risk-sharing arrangements between private mortgage insurance companies and the Federal Housing Administration; Securitization of conventional loans; Increase in Ginnie Mae...
- Insurer Backing of Ginnie Plan Slammed. Fernandez, Tommy // American Banker;10/22/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 202, p10
Reports on the opposition of the mortgage insurance industry on the plan to support the Ginnie Mae Choice plan in the United States. Inclusion of the plan in the bill sponsored by Senators Wayne Allard and Marge Roukema; Competition with Fannie Mae Freddie Mac in the secondary market; Increase...
- Insurers seeking out safer mortgage securities. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/4/94, Vol. 98 Issue 27, p57
No abstract available.
- Insurance policies cloud CMBS deals. Tempkin, Adam; Sibayan, Karen // Asset Securitization Report;9/24/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 36, p1
Reports the ambiguity on the insurance policies of the commercial mortgage-backed sector (CMBS) in the United States. Inquiry on the commitment of CBMS to advance long-term payments of bondholders; Inclusion of terrorism in the covered list of damaged causes; Lists of insurance options.
- CMBS market slows, but secondary markets active. Levy, John B. // National Real Estate Investor;Jun99, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p40
Looks at the financial performance of commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) in the United States as of the first half of 1999. Pricing levels in the CMBS market; Status of insurance in the whole-loan side.
- Raters sound alarm over insurers' CMO investments. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/27/93-1/3/94, Vol. 97-98 Issue 52-1, p1
Reports that major rating agencies are focusing on insurers' exposure to collateralized mortgage obligations (CMO). Increase in an investment portfolio's prepayment and extension risk from mortgage-backed securities in a volatile interest rate environment; Evaluation of risks by the American...