Merrill Wants Back in Junk
- Merrill Hires 3 for Private Banking. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;5/3/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 85, p3
Announces Merrill Lynch & Co.'s recruitment of three former J.P. Morgan & Co. private banking executives to its London, England-based wealth management unit. Duties and responsibilities of Kathleen McKay, Johnny Moss, and Irene Manis.
- Merrill Hires Retirement Investment Chief. // American Banker;2/28/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the appointment of Ronald G. Albahary for the post of chief investment officer of the retirement group of investment banking company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- Merrill Gives Retail to O'Neal, Banking to Steffens. RING, NIAMH // American Banker;2/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 31, p9
Reports on Merril Lynch & Co. Inc.'s reassignment of top executives in its United States private-client group. Handing of responsibility for global banking strategy to veteran John L. Steffens; Naming of chief financial officer E. Stanley O'Neal to head the company's retail brokerage operation;...
- Merrill Moves Five Into Public Finance. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p5
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. has added public finance associates and financial analysts to its public finance department. Number of financial associates and financial analysts hired by the company; Name of the associates.
- BANKING. Isaac, Peter // Chartered Accountants Journal;Apr2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p76
Presents news updates on banking in New Zealand as of April 2001. Limited activity of the banking industry; Departure of Merrill Lynch from New Zealand; Plans of the government to intervene in the first-home mortgage business.
- Republic N.Y. to take $97M charge, chop 10% of staff. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;3/2/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 40, p1
Details the resignation of several top investment bankers and capital market executives from Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. after receiving their bonus in January 1999. Decision of David Webb to join Brera Capital Partners; Effect of the resignations on the company's performance; Effort of the...
- Merrill Wants More Rich Foreigners in Client Base. RING, NIAMH // American Banker;12/21/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 244, p3
Discloses the plan of Merrill Lynch & Co. to increase its roster of high-net-worth clients internationally. Announcement of an increase in overall international business in 2000; Acquisitions in Canada, Australia and Japan; Factors influencing the growth of strong capital markets outside the...
- Merrill strategist warns of culture clash. Tarquinio, J. Alex // American Banker;3/24/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 56, p17
Reports that during a speech before a gathering of bank and financial industry analysts in New York during the week of March 16, 1998 John H. Gray, advisor to Merrill Lynch and Company, criticized commercial banks with interests in investment banking. Agreement of Gray's statements by some...
- Merrill following three Canadian banks. // American Banker;4/14/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 71, p2
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co.'s analyst coverage of Bank of Montreal, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce and Royal Bank of Canada. Ratings for the banks; Extension of Merrill's coverage of global banks.