Milling and broaching developments
- Cutting tool digest. // American Machinist;Oct2000, Vol. 144 Issue 10, p56
No abstract available.
- Six-Lobe Broach Accommodates Fasteners. Danford, Matthew D.; Tudor, Emily K. // Modern Machine Shop;Jan2008, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p194
The article evaluates the six-lobe rotary broach cutting tools from Slater Tools Inc.
- The Case For Copy Milling Cutters. Bitner, Michael // Modern Machine Shop;Oct2002, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p72
Discusses the benefits of copy milling cutters. Information on the plunging capability of copy milling cutters; Strength of copy milling cutters; Number of usable edges.
- New HSM cutters for aluminum. // Metalworking Production;Mar2004, Vol. 148 Issue 4, pT20
Introduces ITC's high performance milling tools in Great Britain. Features and functions; Contact information.
- industry moves. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p5
Reports on developments in the machine tool and metalworking industries as of January 2003. Appointments; Mergers, acquisitions and alliances; Moves and expansions; Awards and certifications.
- Advanced technology opens some doors. Lorincz, Jim // T & P: Tooling & Production;Mar2003, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p5
Explores trend towards advanced technology in the machine tool and metalworking industries. Opportunities offered by advanced computer numerical control machining centers; Assembly-line techniques of Lockheed Martin Corp.; Availability of high-speed horizontal machining centers.
- Broaching Holder For Swiss-Type Automatics. // MAN: Modern Applications News;Feb2005, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p21
Features the Swiss-Type Rotary Broach toolholder from Slater Tools Inc. Advantage of using the tool.
- Knowing the Drill - In Harsh Environments. // American Machinist;Jan2009, Vol. 153 Issue 1, p60
The article focuses on the business ventures of Halliburton Co. It manufactures drills for challenging applications. In the 1998 movie "Armageddon," viewers saw a drilling team obliterate a fictitious asteroid by using a real drill bit that was part of a life-sized, gigantic drilling machine. To...
- Optimization of carburizing steels for drilling tools within grade chemical composition. Sidorina, T.; Kabanov, I. // Metal Science & Heat Treatment;Sep2007, Vol. 49 Issue 9/10, p471
Results of optimization of the chemical composition of steels 15N3MA and 14KhN3MA with the use of standard methods of statistical analysis of �composition-properties� data arrays with the aim of ensuring the required level of properties in commercial production are presented. It is possible...