Villains--The Necessary Evil??
- Retailers Heat Up in the Cold Weather. // Home Textiles Today;11/15/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the index rise of the Johnson Redbook Retail Sales in the first week of the November 2004 against the same week last year in New York. Factors affecting the increase in its index; Impact of the U.S. presidential election in the company's business; Effect of the demand of cold-weather...
- How To Succeed At Failure. Wheeler, Jim // Supply House Times;Dec2004, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p81
Shares an author's thoughts on the success and failures in a business. Approach for succeeding in business; Factors considered to be of great cause to business failures; Characteristics of a poor business management.
- WHY I AM AN UNSUCCESSFUL ARTIST. Stevenson, James // New Yorker;10/31/1970, Vol. 46 Issue 37, p47
The article presents thoughts and insights of the author regarding his rationale for being an unsuccessful artist. The author points out that the distance between his house and his studio. The author's paintings are too large while his small paintings are too small. The talks about his...
- ANTECEDENTS AND OUTCOMES IN CAREERS OF HIGH POTENTIALS, KEY EXPERTS AND AVERAGE PERFORMERS. DRIES, NICKY // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2009, p1
Cross-level dynamics between individual career antecedents, organizational talent categorizations and individual career outcomes were examined. Results imply that traditional models of career are still relevant, especially for "high potentials". Organizations are recommended to allot a more...
- ORGANIZATION THEORY--BUSINESS SUCCESS DEPENDS ON IT. Isaack, Thomas S. // Journal of the Academy of Management;Dec58, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p29
Discusses the significance of organizational theory and formal organization to business success. Statements on the impressions of managers about the significance of organizational theory and formal organization; Dimensions of theory; Principles that composed the framework of organization theory.
- MYTH NO. 1: THE RELATIVE-AGE EFFECT. Levey, Jon // Sports Illustrated;8/8/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p49
The article gives information that refutes a myth that the month in which an athlete is born influences the outlook for professional success.
- Talent, education are keys in competitive field of design. Mediate, Tony // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p38
Focuses on the significance of talent and education as integral elements to the success of interior and graphic designers in their field. Views on the success of celebrity interior designers Ty Pennington and Joe Duffy; Necessity of interior and graphic designers to look to their career...
- Knowledge is the 'edge' businesses need to be successful. Willax, Paul // New Hampshire Business Review;12/22/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p34
The article presents a question and its answer on gaining success in business. The author suggests that by applying unique knowledge, a business can register success in long term. The knowledge should be innovative and forward looking. A rare combination of both tacit knowledge and explicit...
- Art of more. Parkinson, Giles // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/13/2005, Vol. 123 Issue 6487, p61
This article presents suggestions to achieve success in business. There's a saying about leadership in business that managers do things right, while leaders do the right thing. In a time when leaders need to hear the voice of their staff and provide a sense of purpose, significant numbers are...