Tales From the Front
- Warnaco Makes Waves with Ocean Pacific. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the acquisition of swimwear company Ocean Pacific Apparel Corp. by Warnaco Group in 2004. Other swimwear brands owned by Warnaco; Terms of the deal with Ocean Pacific; Wholesale sales of Ocean Pacific worldwide in 2003.
- Op Shifts Branding Strategies. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/25/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 58, p22
Reports that Ocean Pacific Apparel Corp. is changing its junior sportswear licensee to create a new image, as part of its continuing efforts to modernize its brand. Factors that lead to the company's decision to create a new image; Goals aimed to be achieved by the company for its branding...
- OP Revs Up Surfwear with Seven2. Sarkisian-Miller, Nola // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/24/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the launching of the Seven2 swimwear collection by sports clothing company OP. Details of the swimwear design; Inspiration for the swimwear design; Pricing information.
- OP. // Ralph;Aug2003, p150
Features Op, a surf apparel manufacturer based in Australia. Brand history; Objective of the company; Surfers sponsored by the company.
- OP Gets New Showroom, U.S. President. Bailey, Lee // DNR: Daily News Record;1/16/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the opening of a new showroom of Ocean Pacific in New York and the appointment of Gary Hunt as president of its U.S. operations. The executive will be responsible for the supervision of design, merchandising and sales of the company's branded apparel and swimwear. The...
- Ocean Pacific's Next Wave. Tschorn, Adam; Kornberg, Allison // DNR: Daily News Record;6/20/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p14
Reports on a party held by Irvine, California-based Ocean Pacific at the Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills which unveiled a preview of spring 2006 swimwear and sportswear lines. Implication of the party for the brand; Mission of CEO Dick Baker since he joined as CEO of Ocean Pacific Apparel Corp....
- OP Partners With Tag for Girls' Lines. Schaben, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;03/26/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p59
Reports that Irvine, California-based Ocean Pacific Apparel Corp. has tapped Tag Apparel Group to manufacture its junior and girls sportswear line.
- Surf and the City. // DNR: Daily News Record;7/21/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p60
Presents several men's clothing and accessories suited for surfing. Cotton T-shirt by Zoo York; Polyester shorts by OP; Leather sandals by Reef.
- JOE GROMEK. Bailey, Lee // DNR: Daily News Record;2/14/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p92
Interviews Joe Gromek, CEO of Warnaco, about the acquisition strategy of the company. Reason behind the acquisition of Ocean Pacific Apparel Corp. (OP) by the company; Status of OP, placed under the swimwear division of Warnaco, as of February 2005; Approach adopted by the company in...