Amer Exits Tobacco Business
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jan2003, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p12
Reports developments related to interior decorations in the U.S. as of January 2003. Acquisition of the Cross Gifts company by Dicksons Inc.; Appointment of Dana Haggerty as national sales manager for Apogee At Services company; Licensing agreement between Ripe Ideas Inc. and Zrike for...
- Precor Sold Wilson Sporting Goods Parent Company. // Club Industry (07478283);Nov2002, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the acquisition of Precor by sporting goods company Amer Group PLC. Cost of the acquisition; List of sports brands of Amer; Reputation of Precor.
- Wilson and MacGregor parent ousts chief executive officer. Pike, Steve // Golf World;9/1/95, Vol. 49 Issue 10, Pro Report p1
Reports that Seppo Ahonen the chief executive officer of the Amer Group Limited parent of Wilson Sporting Goods and MacGregor Golf was relieved of his position. Dismissal by Amer supervisory board; Comment from Jukka Harmala chairman of supervisory board.
- Joining Forces. // Lighting Design & Application;Jul2012, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p14
The article announces the acquisition of Virticus Corp. by LSI Industries Inc. and the licensing agreement between Cooper Lighting and Rambus Inc. for the use of the latter's patented lighting innovations.
- IN BRIEF. // Imaging & Machine Vision Europe;Apr/May2010, Issue 38, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the technological developments in Great Britain including the merger between Andor Technology and Image Acquisition Partner Program, the relocation of the British office of Edmund Optics and the licensing agreement signed by A&B Software to provide Open...
- 10 Issues that Medical Device Buyers Should Consider. Devgun, Derek; Snelson, Jamie; Weintraub, Daniel // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Dec2014, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p38
The article offers tips for medical buyers on factors to consider before purchasing research, collaboration and intellectual property licensing agreements to avoid post-cloning issues.
- Proactive IP Assessment: Work Now to Ensure That All of Your Key Assets Are Protected. // Orange County Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p27
Offers tips on hiring, licensing and development practices for a successful acquisition. Decline in funding and acquisition opportunities; Proposals for companies to conduct a due diligence audit of assets; Processes involved in a due diligence audit.
- Upbin Leaves a Transformed Kellwood. Greenberg, Julee // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/5/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 73, p14
This article details how Hal Upbin has transformed the holding company Kellwood Co. as its chairman. But come January 2006, Upbin will forgo his position at the firm to spend more time with his family. As far as acquisitions and licensing agreements are concerned, Upbin diversified Kellwood's...
- Glaxo Holds Stance on Mega-Mergers as Profit Falls. // MondayMorning;2/9/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the strategic plan of London, England-based drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline PLC concerning mergers and acquisitions (M&A). The company's chief executive officer (CEO) Andrew Witty says that the firm will stick to a strategy for small acquisitions and licensing deals after rival...