Following the Money
- The Retail Matrix. // SGB;May2007, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p18
The article presents a list of the top one hundred sporting goods retailers in the U.S. and includes related information such as sales figures for 2005 and 2006, the number of stores, and key executives. The top three sporting goods retailers include Wal-Mart Stores Incorporated, Target...
- Sporting goods. // Discount Store News;2/8/99, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p55
Presents brief updates on the sporting goods industry as of February 1999. Scheduled opening of Golf Town stores in Canada; Account about Dick's Clothing & Sporting Goods' Internet presence; Information on a latex bandage from Andover Coated Products.
- Sporting Goods Retailers Split On Earnings. Pallay, Jessica // FN: Footwear News;8/24/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 32, p21
The article reports on the split earnings of sporting goods retailers in the U.S. It mentions that the profit of Hibbett Sports Inc. and Dick's Clothing & Sporting Goods Inc. decline in the second quarter of 2009 but Hibbett came in below the analysts expectation while Dick's outperformed....
- Holiday Humbug. McKay, Lauren // CRM Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p19
The article provides forecasts on consumer expenditure in the holiday retail season in the U.S. It is expected that consumers will adjust their spending habits due to the economic crisis. It projected that consumer confidence will decline, raising the stakes for retailers to cater to customer...
- What will consumers do? TIRSCHWELL, PETER // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);11/17/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 45, p38
The author talks about the impact of the economic crisis on consumer confidence in the U.S. The author cites the implications of the pullback by the U.S. consumer for the transportation industry. The author questions whether economic realities will force U.S. citizens to become more like the...
- Recession Continues, but It Is Moderating. // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Jun2009, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the decline of the Mold Business Index (MBI) for April 2009. It mentions the improvements in consumer confidence and the stabilization of retailing in the U.S. It notes that U.S. exports will struggle to gain momentum due to the economic crisis. It cites the projected...
- Dick's review has been trimmed to four contenders. Warner, Judy // Adweek Western Edition;6/24/96, Vol. 46 Issue 26, p44
Reports that the list of six semifinalists pitching the Dick's Clothing & Sporting Goods national account has been narrowed to four contenders.
- Jockeying for position. Osterman, Jim; Warner, Judy // Adweek Western Edition;5/20/96, Vol. 46 Issue 21, p66
Reports on the review held by Dick's Clothing and Sporting Goods chain for its $20 million broadcast and newspaper advertising account. Search for mid-sized advertising agencies with a combination of retail branding and broadcast agencies; Flynn Agency as incumbent agency of record.
- Dick's raises money for drug awareness. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/6/93 - 8/16/93, Vol. 5 Issue 34, p2
Reports on Dick's Clothing and Sporting Goods `Get Involved' campaign in Middletown, Hudson Valley, New York. Students Against Drunk Driving (S.A.D.D.) and D.A.R.E. as beneficiaries; Amount of donation for every sale of athletic footwear and jeans; Estimated amount of donations made from 1990-1993.