The Price is Right
- Zappos Lays Out Its Game Plan. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Aug2007, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p34
The article presents an interview with Christopher Peake, the senior buyer for athletics for online shoe retailer Zappos.com. Peake states that Zappos has been successful because if offers such a large selection of shoes and great customer service. He states that the company is very dependent on...
- Performance as Fashion: Retailers See Tech Looks Gaining Ground in '05. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;12/13/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 49, p10
Presents news briefs on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of December 2004. Plan of footwear manufacturers to introduce technology in athletic shoes; Impact of higher-priced technical footwear on retail prices; Advantage of the infusion of technology to athletic shoes price points.
- ASG Ready for Buyers. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;4/17/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 16, p2
This article reports on the return of American Sporting Goods to the U.S. footwear market. American Sporting CEO Kevin Wulff confirmed that the company has begun informal discussions with investment bankers. Wulff said that the successful and speedy integration of the And 1 brand, which the...
- Coming Into Focus. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;1/24/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the decision of Adidas to refocus its efforts on the outdoor market for Fall 2005 in the U.S. Plans for the launch of an outdoor footwear line by the Portland, Oregon-based outdoor division of Adidas at the Outdoor Retailer show; Goal of the company for its outdoor products; Prices...
- Athletic Shoe Sales Continue to Sprint Ahead. Powell, Matt // SGB;Aug2004, Vol. 37 Issue 8, Special Report p4
Focuses on trends in the selling of athletic footwear in the U.S. as of June 2004. Status of the average selling prices of athletic footwear; Background on the market share of each footwear category; Information on the brand share of several athletic footwear companies, including Nike and New...
- Warm Front. // FN: Footwear News;3/28/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p40
Several photographs of athletic shoes including products from DC Shoes, K-Swiss, and Bensimon are presented.
- Athletic footwear's kick. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/8/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 27, p18
Reports on athletic footwear manufacturers' growing success in the women's market with new sport-specific styles and high-performance product offerings. Boom in sales of athletic footwear; Women's annual expenditures on athletic footwear; Sneaker sales.
- Why we're all wearing trainers. Marsh, Harriet // Marketing (00253650);2/15/2001, p19
Analyzes the performance of the trainer shoes of the major sports footwear companies in Great Britain. Percentage of consumers purchasing the shoes in the basis of their fashion appeal; Factors affecting the marketability of the white trainer; Consequences of promoting the footwear as fashion...
- Shoe trends this fall. Wischnia, Bob; Carrozza, Paul // Runner's World;Sep98, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p51
Focuses on the trends in the athletic footwear industry of the United States. Expansion of the trail-shoe category; Influence of sporting good chains; Price trends. INSETS: Shoes on the Web.;Definitions of common terms..