Footaction on the Selling Block
- Just for feet makes last stand. Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;02/21/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on the planned acquisition of the Just for Feet Inc. by the Footstar Inc. in the United States. Cost of the aquisition plans; Expected date for deal completion; Number of footwear outlets operated by Footstar; Amount of outstanding high yield issue of Just For Feet.
- Footstar in agreement to buy bankrupt Just For Feet chain. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/17/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 33, p15
Reports that Footstar Inc. has entered into an agreement to buy the bankrupt Just for Feet chain. Terms of the deal; Impact of the deal on Footstar's operations; Range of merchandise sold in the stores of Footstar and Just for Feet.
- apparel. // Discount Store News;4/17/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p20
Presents news briefs about clothing companies in the United States as of April 17, 2000. Companies that settled lawsuits in March 2000; Stock-repurchasing program of TJX; Acquisition of Just For Feet Inc. by Footstar Inc.
- Stores still plug women's. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/18/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 32, p15
Focuses on sporting goods retailers' efforts to woo women consumers in the United States. Finish Line Inc.'s women's concept shops for Nike; FootAction USA's allocation of more floor space to women's apparel; Athlete's Foot's plan to make its stores more inviting to female customers.
- Footstar Management Mulls Unit Buyout? Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/19/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the preparation of the management of Footstar Inc. for a buyout of the firm's retail division, Footaction, as of January 19, 2004. Share price of Footstar before the buyout filing; Impact of the bankruptcy of Kmart Corp. on Footstar; Best way for Foot star to maximize its sale value,...
- When Will Just For Feet Just go Away? Carr, Bob // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p14
Discusses the damages caused by the Just For Feet scandal to Footstar and the footwear industry. Purchase of several superstores and specialty stores by Footstar in 1999; Outbreak of the scandal in 2002; Business plan of the company after filing for Chapter 11.
- A strategy that works. Pallerino, Michael J. // Commercial Construction & Renovation;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
The author looks at the success of sporting good retailers despite the U.S. debt problemss and the 2008 recession. He tells that sporting good stores like The Sports Authority and Dick's Sporting Goods have implemented superstore approach in their growth programs while brands like Foot Locker,...
- Out of the Frying Pan. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p8
Discusses the Just For Feet scandal and its impact on the reputation of executives in the sporting goods industry. Executives involved in the scandal; Market performance of Just For Feet at the time of the scandal; Factors that might have led the indicted Just For Feet employees to commit the...
- 2007 Economic Census Forms Arriving Soon. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;12/21/2007, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1
The announces the distribution of the 2007 Economic Census forms in the U.S. The article indicates that more than 4 million businesses will be receiving the forms. It is stated that the survey will be critical in providing an accurate image of the sporting goods industry. The Economic Census...