Under Armour to Supply University of Maryland
- Terps' Under Armour Unis a Fumble? Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;9/12/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 31, p15
The article discusses football uniforms worn by the University of Maryland team created by the sporting goods industry firm Under Armour, focusing on a dispute among sports fans about the garish use of color in the uniforms.
- STAR WATCH. BELL, JENNIE // FN: Footwear News;10/27/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 37, p5
The article announces the honorees of the Footwear News Achievement Awards that will be presented on December 3, 2014 which include Under Armour chief executive Kevin Plank as Person of the Year, footwear company Skechers USA Inc. as Company of the Year and Giuseppe Zanotti as Designer of the Year.
- Under Armour Launches Performance Eyewear. Carroll, Deirdre // Vision Monday;5/21/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p112
The article reports on the launch of Performance Eyewear sunwear collection by Under Armour, a sport performance apparel firm. The sunwear collection, which was created for sport enthusiasts, was released through Eyeking LLC in New York. Raphael Peck, vice president of product creation and...
- UNDER ARMOUR OPENS EUROPEAN HEADQUARTERS. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Feb2006, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p11
The article announces the opening of the European headquarters of Under Armour sports gear company in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Under Armour has also promoted one of its partners, Ryan Wood, to president of international business. The Baltimore-based company will operate its European sales,...
- Sourcing executive to leave Under Armour. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p4
The article announces the resignation of Janet Fox as sourcing executive at Under Armour on August 24, 2012.
- David and Goliath. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the competition between Under Armor and Nike in the sporting goods industry. Total value of the two companies; Success gained by Under Armor since 1999; Efforts of Under Armor to market compression apparel; Key to the continued growth of Under Armor.
- Tough Lessons. Powell, Matt // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p6
The article offers a look at the Back-To-School season in the sporting goods industry in 2006. According to the author, sales were strongest in full-line sporting goods stores in the Pacific and Mountain regions and weakest in New England. Nike dominated the overall top-seller list. Under...
- Powering Up. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p24
The article offers a look at Russell Athletic, which has been in the performance apparel category for years with its Dri-Power line. Included are quotes from Alex Hodges, vice president of marketing at Russell Athletic. Under Armour, another sporting goods retailer, is discussed. According to...
- Under Armour Readies Running Footwear Launch. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p12
The article reports that footwear company Under Armour Inc. faces numerous challenges regarding its running footwear category in 2009. It states that the company gets a full support from sporting goods chains and is expected to maintain demand over supply. It notes that the company grabbed...