Piece of Cake
- Sport Chains Spring Ahead. Kletter, Melanie; Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/3/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 115, p11
Deals with the increase in sales and earnings of sport chains in the U.S. Information on Birmingham, Alabama-based Hibbett Sporting Goods Inc.; Reason for the increase in sales and earnings of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Dick's Sporting Goods Inc.; Percentage increase in the earnings of New...
- Drilling Down. // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p21
The article offers a look at information about consumer behavior in the sporting goods industry from a 2006 study of retailers. Stores mentioned include Dick's Sporting Goods, Foot Locker, The Sports Authority, and REI. Information on quality of merchandise, Internet purchasing, mass merchants,...
- A strategy that works. Pallerino, Michael J. // Commercial Construction & Renovation;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
The author looks at the success of sporting good retailers despite the U.S. debt problemss and the 2008 recession. He tells that sporting good stores like The Sports Authority and Dick's Sporting Goods have implemented superstore approach in their growth programs while brands like Foot Locker,...
- Sporting Goods Results Follow Apparel Sales. Lynch, Matthew // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/24/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 110, p14
The article provides sales forecast for several sporting goods retailers in the U.S., including Foot Locker Inc., Dick's Sporting Goods Inc., and Hibbett Sports Inc. It states that Dick's and Hibbett have posted positive computations for their apparel and accessories in the third quarter of...
- All Stars: Top Sporting-Goods Stores In North America by
2003 Revenues. // FN: Footwear News;11/1/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 43, p18
Presents a tabular representation of the top sporting-goods chains in North America based on 2003 revenues. Foot Locker; Sports Authority; Dick's Sporting Goods; Pacific Sunwear; Big 5 Sporting Goods.
- Foot Locker Sprints Up On Earnings, Hibbett Falls. GILLIAN RICH // Investors Business Daily;11/22/2013, p00
The article reports on the financial performance of sporting goods retailers Foot Locker Inc. and Hibbett Sports Inc. It mentions the third-quarter earnings of 2013 of Foot Locker which increased by 8% to 68 cents per share. Meanwhile, Hibbett Sports' earnings per share (EPS) fell by 7% to 66...
- HOT NUMBERS. // FN: Footwear News;8/22/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 33, p20
Focuses on the financial performance of several footwear companies in the U.S. for the quarter ended July 30, 2005. Increase in the net sales posted by Foot Locker; Net income posted by the Sports Authority for the period ending; Reported net sales of Hibbett Sporting Goods.
- The Demise of Private Label? Kerrigan, Andy // SGB;Oct2007, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p18
The article focuses on the sporting goods retailers in which they have gained exclusive rights to brand names for distribution. The retailer The Sports Authority has signed deals with Collective Licensing for the snowboard brand Sims and has also partnered with Hilco Consumer Capital. Private...
- RULES OF THE GAME. // SGB;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p22
Provides information on companies included in the 2004 "SGB" Retail Top 100 in the U.S. Wal-Mart; Dick's Sporting Goods; Bass Pro Shops; Foot Locker; Cabela's. INSETS: IPOS, ACQUISITIONS AND BANKRUPTCIES CONTINUE TO SHAPE THE MARKET;OUTDOOR RETAILERS WEIGH THE IMPACT OF VENDOR ACQUISITIONS.