Exchanging Variable Annuities: an Optional Test for Suitability
- Let's Get Back Into Investment Strategy. Bragg, John M. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/5/99, Vol. 103 Issue 14, p9
Focuses on investment strategies for variable life insurance and variable annuity products. Investment complexities associated with variable products; Problems with yield projections on variable products; Association of business cycle conditions to investment strategy.
- 'Financial Scenarios' Might Help Direct Variable Investment Strategy. Bragg, John M. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/9/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p8
Discusses the importance of financial scenarios for variable annuities and the variable life insurance market in the United States. Trends in the stock market in 2000; How to provide customers with access to investment analysis.
- Taking the Macro View on Annuities. Katt, Peter // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p32
This article presents information on issues related to variable annuities. Many deferred annuity sellers focus their attention on the tax deferral characteristic. They start comparing policy features such as current yields, investment expenses and surrender charges without stepping back to view...
- The Right Rider. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Feb2006, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p104
Presents a solution offered by variable annuity issuers to baby boomers who are hesitant to invest in variable annuity. Popularity of guaranteed minimum withdrawal benefit (GMWB) riders; Benefits of GMWB riders to clients; Problems of the purchasers of variable annuities with GMWB riders in...
- Fee Factor. Ferrer, Patrick // Financial Planning;Feb2006, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p108
Presents tips for financial planners on how to evaluate the various fees of the variable annuities for their clients. Steps in evaluating investment fees; Insurance-related fees of variable annuities; Best way to deconstruct the fees for a particular variable annuity.
- Market-Proof? Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;1/29/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 19, p7
The author reports on some of the possible down sides in the living benefits guarantees which are offered with traditional variable annuities. Guarantees which are made regarding the annuities are mentioned. The costs associated with purchasing living benefit guarantees are discussed....
- Not in Kansas Anymore. Ferrer, Patrick // On Wall Street;Feb2006, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p79
The article considers the use of variable annuity for affluent clients of investment advisors. It could beneficial to bring active management to clients' variable annuity assets. There are strategies that can be used in active management. The new generation of variable annuities provide more...
- The Election Is On! Montminy, Joseph; Drinkwater, Matthew // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/7/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 13, p12
The article reports on the importance of guaranteed living benefits (GLBs) in variable annuity (VA) sales in the U.S. It is said that in 2007, GLBs played a key role in the success of variable annuity sales in which it was elected in 77% of sales premium. Moreover, about 91% of new VA sales in...
- Data Points. // Money Management Executive;12/22/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 50, p1
Presents a bar graph on variable annuity net flows for variable sub-accounts in 2001-2003.