Property and Casualty Risks for Affluent Clients: Helping Your Client Avoid Disaster
- As Relevant as Ever. Coffin, Bill // Risk Management (00355593);Jan2004, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p4
Offers views on risk management. Pressures faced by the risk management and property/casualty insurance industries; Risks facing modern industry and commerce; Evolution of risk management.
- The Whole Truth. Ewing, Lance // Best's Review;Dec2010, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p94
In this article, the author discusses the loss/risk management statistics of property/casualty insurance. He notes that insurance carriers verifying statistics to be released to the public gain more respect. He stresses that insurance statistics should be scrutinized and accurate when used in...
- Brokers helping clients navigate market, options. Roberts, Sally; Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;01/08/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p3
Reports on prospects for risk managers in the United States who are renewing their property/casualty risks for 2001. Increased rates for all commercial property/casualty lines for renewing accounts; How increases vary by risk, geography and loss history; Consequences of poor insurer profits.
- Year of insurer mergers redraws risk management landscape. Bradford, Michael; Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;12/25/95, Vol. 29 Issue 53, p3
Focuses on the performance of the property/casualty insurance market in the United States in 1995. Turmoil at Lloyd's of London; Involvement of capital markets in the insurance industry; Changes in property/casualty rates; Consolidations; Comments from industry executives.
- A.M. Best Fall 2014 Insurance Industry Survey. // Best's Review;Jan2015, Vol. 115 Issue 9, p68
The article reports on a fall 2014 survey of insurance industry conducted by A.M. Best Co. Inc. The survey centers on the cyber risk and use of social media in the marketing plans of insurers. Questions focus on insurer's susceptibility to cyber attacks and, product offerings within...
- The Affluent Market. Jamison, Kent S.; Retzloff, Cheryl D. // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;Spring2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p86
Discusses the aspirational segmentation and financial situation of the affluent market according to the joint study of the Life Insurance Marketing and Research Association and the Mckinsey & Co. Factors that contribute to the accumulation of wealth; Information on the affluent's perception of...
- Lifestyles and Carriers of the Affluent. Vella, Susan // American Agent & Broker;Jan2009, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p35
The article offers information on the high-end coverage and risk management services offered by insurance to lifestyle and carriers of the affluent people in the U.S. It discusses how the agents can help their clients identify the risks surrounding their lifestyle and offers appropriate...
- 105th Congress did little on risk management, P/C issues. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;10/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p24
Comments on the failure of American legislators to address risk management and property/casualty insurance issues during the 105th Congress. Lack of legislative action on product liability and Superfund liability reforms; Congress' lack of interest on insurance-related issues; Continuing debate...
- Reports offer history lesson. Winston, Paul D. // Business Insurance;11/13/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p53
Highlights lessons from 'Business Insurance' magazine's annual reports on the commercial property/casualty insurance market. Views on renewals from risk managers, insurers and reinsurers; Market highlights in 2000.