Disability Insurance: Are Your Clients Truly Protected?
- What's Good for the Goose. Gabriels, Jeffrey K. // NYSDA NEWS;Oct2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
The article presents guidelines for buying income disability insurance plans. The financial stability of the insurer should be the main factor to consider in choosing insurance plans. Prospective policy holders should make sure that the policy is renewable and non-cancelable. Some of the...
- Are You Rich Enough? Dulisse, Richard // Advisor Today;Feb2006, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p26
The article presents an approach which disability income insurance agents can use to get their prospects to ponder about the financial effect of a disability. The script entails drawing a graph representing a person's income and expenses and showing how these are affected in case of a disability.
- Planning For Changes in Your Income. Rudzinski, Kenneth W. // O&P Business News;9/15/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p50
The article focuses on income planning for disasters. The first step of disability/incapacity planning consists of personal income/salary continuation planning usually guaranteed by quality disability insurance. For personal disability policies, select the own occupation coverage. This coverage...
- Protecting yourself against tough breaks. Loeb, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;09/22/97, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p15
Presents information relating to personal finance, in terms of disability insurance coverage. What to consider when choosing a disability policy; Reason one should not rely on Social Security to replace lost wages; Names of insurance companies responsible for disability policies; Details on the...
- got disability insurance? Britton, Akissi // Essence (Time Inc.);
Offers information on disability-insurance plans. Purpose; Those who need such plans.
- Plan now for emergencies to avoid problems. Hurlbert, Bill // Inside Tucson Business;12/22/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p2B
Presents tips on drafting a financial recovery plan. Consideration of disability and life insurance; Deliberation of business interruption insurance; Assessment of the personal income.
- HOW TO COPE WHEN tragedy strikes. Walkley, Pam // Australian Women's Weekly;8/1/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 31, p257
Emphasizes on the importance of life insurance to Australian women. Percentage of women who do not have life insurance; Estimated amount of insurance covered by superannuation; Factors to consider in financial planning; Cost of death and disability insurance.
- Agents Need To Penetrate The Fog Of DI Design. Sadler, Jeff // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/1/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the need for agents to penetrate the fog of disability insurance design. Elements of the insurance product that can easily confuse an agent or prospect, or both; Considerations in constructing a financial plan; Solution for need of prospect for protection of one's financial plan.
- Suddenly single -- make appropriate financial decisions. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p35
The article offers advise regarding financial planning to manage family finances during sudden changes such relationship breakup, divorce widowhood. It provides that making a cash flow statement and a written budget will help in planning and decision-making. It also suggests purchasing a...