Fathers, Children and Money
- Kiddie bank. Crane, Elizabeth // Parenting;Oct2006, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p177
The article offers information on the banking strategy created by a father with his children as his clients. Every week, the children would get cash that they would spend or lose. The father wanted to come up with a way to make their allowance better, so he founded the Bank of Dad. For spending...
- Looking Back. // Good Old Days;Jul2011, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p6
The article presents the author's insights regarding his childhood memories with his father who is a lumberman and a carpenter. The author describes his experience of climbing down a tree because of an incident while building a tree house with his brother, Dennis. Moreover, he says that in tree...
- Faithful Fathering in Trying Times: Religious Beliefs and Practices of Latter-Day Saint Fathers of Children With Special Needs. Dollahite, David C.; Marks, Loren D.; Olson, Michael M. // Journal of Men's Studies;Fall98, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p71
This paper presents the findings of an exploration of religious beliefs and practices from a collection of narrative accounts from 16 Latter-day Saint (Mormon) fathers of children with special needs. It begins with brief reviews of the literature on faith and fathering and special-needs...
- WHAT WE FORGOT ABOUT FORGIVENESS. FIELDS, LESLIE LEYLAND // Christianity Today;May2014, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p30
The author reflects on how her estranged father taught her the deeper meaning of mercy and God's forgiveness. She describes her first meeting with her father after 10 years when she, her husband and their children visited him in Sarasota, Florida in 2006 and notes her reaction when she found...
- `Now I feel only love for my dad.' // Christian Science Monitor;12/17/96, Vol. 89 Issue 16, p17
Presents a spiritual look at the relationship between a father and his child. Negative feelings experienced during childhood; Claims the prayer brought changes in the child's life; When and who discovered the laws of God; How God can restore something that is lost.
- Indelible love marked the pages. Bowler, Arthur // Christian Science Monitor;8/15/97, Vol. 89 Issue 183, p16
Remembers the love which the author's father had for the author. The hymnal which the author's brother wrote in and his father's response; How the hymnal became a testimony of the father's love.
- Do you really want him to be a good dad? Nelson, Sara // Parenting;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p94
Focuses on the way fathers connect with their children. How some mothers feel about the connection; Information on the revolutionary change in parenting; Comments from some mothers.
- Of baseball and babies. Meyerhoff, Michael K. // Pediatrics for Parents;1993, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
Opinion. Comments on the need for fathers to start taking active roles in the care of their newborn children. Absence/lack of delineation of dads' and moms' duties in infant care; Comparison with modern day females' ability to play baseball and modern mens' ability to be capable mothers, except...
- Father figures. // U.S. Catholic;Oct96, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p41
Presents a photograph of a father and child beside the statue of a saint carrying a child.