- Rich advice. Stall, Sam // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/15/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p1
The article features Peter Dunn, a former comedian who became a financial planner under the moniker Pete the Planner and became a media sensation by offering financial advice through local media outlets. Topics discussed include the publication of Dunn's six financial planning books by...
- Overlooked Factors Can Dim Retirement Outlook. Manganaro, John // Plan Advisor News;2014, p12
The article offers advice on retirement planning, according to David Blanchett, head of retirement research for investment research firm Morningstar. Topics discussed include the need to address some overlooked factors to improve preparations for retirement, the financial implications of...
- Frozen assets. Kaplan, Michael; Smith, Chris // New York;9/14/92, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p37
Looks at one way to freeze your credit buying, from Gloria Colangelo. How she put her credit cards in a container of `springwater' in her freezer; How she can still see them, but cannot use them; Other options she had; What finally convinced her to do something; What her major worry is; Details.
- Gee, it didn't look this way on paper. Mullane, J.J. // Inc.;Nov94, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p36
States that in the real world, there's an enormous amount you can't anticipate and that it's really disconcerting when your bank account is going down rapidly.
- Ritualism, fetishism or just plain habit? Taylor, Laurie // New Statesman & Society;3/5/93, Vol. 6 Issue 242, p15
Recounts the author's experience of being a contributer to the latest Family Expenditure Survey. Evidence of chance and unpredictability in the survey; Why the expenditure survey can be seriously subversive; The author's perception of himself as an unpredictable anarchist was destroyed by the...
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/15/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p32
Offers ideas on financial planning for women. Life expectancy factor; Key to navigating financial challenges; Range of information resources on the investment world; Factors to consider in implementing goals.
- My life: Marking time. Angaran, David M. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;10/1/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p1695
The author discusses discuss his goals in life, owing to the limited time he feels he has for his remaining life. He discusses the Angaran Life Time (ALT), the duration of his life to date, which is composed of Wake Angaran Life Time (WALT) and Sleep Angaran Life Time (SALT). He also discusses...
- Interviews They Never Bothered to Print. Cummings, Parke // Saturday Evening Post;10/9/1943, Vol. 216 Issue 15, p30
The article presents humorous interviews. One of the benefits of being first assistant shipping clerk is receiving a nice Christmas bonus. A person mistakenly shared his criticisms against a composer to a famous maker of coats. A man responded that living another hundred years would make him...
- Your Golden Years. Tyson, Eric; Carlson, Bob // Personal Excellence Essentials;Jul2010, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p11
The article discusses the common mistakes that retirees make in their financial and retirement planning and suggests ways to correct them. These are failure to plan, thinking that estate planning is not a personal decision, underestimation of life expectancy, miscalculating inflation, believing...