The Rest of the Story
- To fee or not to fee: Pricing policies in financial counseling. Mazzoli, Camilla; Nicolin, Gianni // Financial Services Review;Winter2010, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p307
Pricing represents a key variable in the financial advisory industry. For this reason we investigate the possibility of identifying the type of advisory provided by making use of the pricing policy that advisors adopt in the United States and Italy. The prevalence of 'opaque' forms of...
- Bruised but not beaten. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;12/11/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p12
The author reflects on the performance of the financial services industry of Australia in the year 2008. He claims that 2008 has been a landmark year not only for the industry but for the global financial services sector as well. He says that this is the year when the biggest names in...
- FSC points to TASA disadvantage for planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;4/25/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on the disadvantages of the Tax Agent Services Act (TASA) to financial planners according to Financial Services Council (FSC).
- Intra-fund advice no threat to planners: Shorten. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;4/21/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the assurance of Bill Shorten, Assistant Treasurer and Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation, that the intra-fund advice services is no threat to financial planners in Australia as they cannot sabotage the businesses of planners.
- Taking a professional approach. // Money Management;1/19/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on the importance of getting financial services reform for the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in Australia in 2006. According to Corinna Dieters, chairman of FPA, the move for financial planning to achieve recognition as a profession will continue. She praises the work...
- Passing It On. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p41
Discusses the steps involved in a system recommended to financial planners to generate a large number of high-quality referrals. Reason referrals are important in building an elite financial services business for affluent clients; Importance of awareness of a prospect's financial situation;...
- Asset-gathering Machines. Touryalai, Halah // Trusts & Estates;Oct2008, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p36
The article focuses on why wirehouse advisors are transferring to become registered investment advisor (RIA). Camden Capital Management President John Krambeer says that RIA firms are benefiting from Wall Street woes in 2008 and RIAs on "Registered Rep.'s Top 100 RIAs in America" list averaged...
- Helping Surviving Spouses. Patzke, Frank // Accounting Technology;Oct2005 Supplement 2, Vol. 21, p15
Discusses the need of professional financial assistance for surviving spouses. Tendency of a surviving spouse to be unaware about retirement funds; Importance of the technical expertise of a certified public accountant (CPA) in helping with the needs of a surviving spouse; Qualities that must be...
- Broadening Your Services. Bossaert, Pierre // Accounting Technology;Oct2005 Supplement 2, Vol. 21, p20
Focuses on the broadening services of certified public accountants (CPA). Impetus to the expanded service; Importance of planning software and strong practice management for the goals of CPA; Factors to be considered in looking for financial planning applications.