Call Out the Fireflies
- 10 Questions with...Fred Mandell on Creative Secrets of the Great Masters. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
The article presents an interview with Fred Mandell, innovation, leadership and creative consultant, and principal of The Lennick Aberman Leadership Group, on leadership and creativity. Mandell believes that the biggest gap in business today is lack of innovation in leadership. Mandell...
- Dream Leaders. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
The article highlights the opinion of Fred Mandell, principal of The Lennick Aberman Leadership Group, on the role performed by financial planners as leaders of the financial services industry. Mandell says that leaders are charged with energizing a company and fostering innovation. In this...
- Management's Double Edge. Degenhardt-Burke, Carri // On Wall Street;Mar2006, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p72
Discusses the work of managers in brokerage firms and the advantages and disadvantages of occupying a management position. Attitude of an ideal candidate for a management position; Difficulties faced by managers in brokerage firms; Suggestion for financial advisers interested in becoming a manager.
- How People Fail--Successfully. Anderson, Dave // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;7/07/2003, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p3
Presents methods to reshape the employee's perspective on failure to ensure the development of effective leaders in credit unions through educated risk taking.
- THE QUIET LEADER. Tyler, Michelle // Toastmaster;Dec2012, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p8
The article discusses several reasons one must not underestimate the leadership skills of an introvert. The author believes that individuals who are described as introverts have the capability of being independent heroes, confident leaders, and role models. It cites several prominent figures and...
- Three Circles. Cooperrider, David // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Mar2012, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p3
The article focuses on the three circles of positive strengths in strengths-based leadership programs. These include the elevation of strengths, the multiplication and configuration of strengths, and the introduction of human strengths to society through positive institutions. Information is...
- Taking Leadership Seriously. Youngwirth, Joni // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p24
The article considers the nature of leadership for financial planners. The author notes that leadership activities can vary depending on a planner's responsibilities. She observes that although leadership styles differ, the key to effective leadership is knowing one's style and being able to...
- Coaches Inspire Advisers To Excel At Their Craft. MOREY STETTNER // Investors Business Daily;12/23/2013, pA08
When you're racing to grow your financial advisory practice, there's little time to stop, step back and strategize. You're just too busy.
- Leading Qualities. Ayarbe, Susan; Hinitz, Dean // Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p144
Deals with the need for financial planners to possess leadership skills in managing accounts. Essence of a great leadership; Characteristics of a leader; Conventional wisdom on leadership.