PRSA finds progress of industry in diversity efforts "mixed" in survey
- Firms have well-publicised diversity programmes - but they're not working, InterLaw finds. Chadderton, Sam // Lawyer (Online Edition);7/ 9/2012, p26
The article presents the findings of an industrial survey conducted on lawyers and non-lawyers. The survey highlights legal professionals response, who feel that their firms have well-publicised, effective equality, and diversity strategies, but programmes are not having the desired affect. It...
- editer's corner. Elsasser, John // Public Relations Tactics;Apr2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Edward M. Bury on tactics employed by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) to build awareness of Accreditation in Public Relations, one by Rochelle L. Ford on a survey on diversity in the workplace, and...
- Top Talent Need Apply. // Black Enterprise;Jul2009, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p10
The article introduces a report on the 40 Best Companies for Diversity in 2009, based on BE Research's survey of the largest publicly traded corporations and 50 international businesses with significant operations in the U.S.
- Are HMOs taking a second look at minority doctors? Guglielmo, Wayne J. // Medical Economics;05/12/97, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p186
Focuses on the unfair treatment of minority physicians in managed-care organizations in the United States. Health maintenance organizations' (HMOs) efforts to diversity the workplace; Rejection of minority physicians by HMOs; Workforce diversity in New England's Harvard Pilgrim Health Care;...
- Ignoring diversity would be a mistake. Williams; Johnson, Pamela V. // Multichannel News;09/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p60
Explains the diversity initiative developed by the Women in Cable & Telecommunications and the National Association of Minorities in Communications. Diversity as a strategic advantage for corporate America; Call for business to adjust to dramatic changes in the nation's demographics; Fact sheet...
- NAMIC Confab Touts Tolerance. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p20A
Reports on the 16th annual conference of the National Association of Minorities in Communications that is scheduled to begin on September 22, 2002. Topics that will be emphasized during the conference; Executives who will participate in a roundtable discussion during the conference; Plans to...
- Survey Probes Nonprofit Diversity. // Nonprofit World;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the result of the survey which reveals that nonprofit leaders who claim to value diversity do little to back up their claim.
- Ethnic diversity is hot, marketing is not. Cloke, Nick // Brand Strategy;Oct2001, Issue 152, p7
Focuses on the under-representation of minorities at marketing departments in Great Britain. Population of British citizens with ethnic origin; Potential factors influencing minorities absence in the marketing profession; Reality on the distribution of ethnic populations in Great Britain; Key...
- Understanding multicultural vocabulary. Ford, Rochelle L. // Public Relations Tactics;Jan2004, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the conduct of multicultural and diversity public relations in the U.S. Necessity for diversity management; Inclusions in diversity; Prediction of communication, attitudes and behaviors.