Undercover in St Albans
- You've made your bed. Now lie in it. Keelan, Emma // Accountancy;May2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1281, p34
This article interviews Anne Notley, co-founder of the Iron Bed Co. of Great Britain. Notley, according to the author, left the safety of a legal career for the uncertain world of running her own business. Notley and her husband, Simon, got the idea for designing and manufacturing quality metal...
- Merger for The Iron Bed Company. // Cabinet Maker;1/30/2004, Issue 5373, p5
Reports the merger between Iron Bed Co. and furniture chain CJ Furniture in England. Terms of the agreement; Aim of the companies' merger to offer wider product range and broaden the appeal of the stores; Absence financial terms disclosed on the agreement.
- Iron Bed aims to boost presence in U.S. market. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;1/29/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p82
The article reports on the intention of Iron Bed Co., a midpriced to high-end designer of metal beds, to boost its presence in the U.S. marketplace. The company is selling its line of products at three company-owned stores in Atlanta, Dallas, and Corona del Mar, California. Likewise, Iron Bed...
- Watch this space. Oliphant, Jane // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p16
Delves into the issue of furniture retail businesses moving out of towns and into warehouse units in Great Britain. Subjectiveness of new development of retail parks to decisions by the British government; Reasons why furniture retail companies are moving out of the main business area;...
- New website results in new showroom. // Cabinet Maker;7/3/2009, Issue 5644, p6
The article reports that interior design company Tangletree Interiors will open a new showroom in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England. The move was made due to the success of its website which was launched in September 2008. The showroom is set to open on July 2, 2009 with a special opening weekend...
- Kitchen Rogers' window of opportunity for Edra. // Design Week;8/26/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p5
Reports on Italian furniture manufacturer Edra's opening of a showroom, designed by Kitchen Rogers Design, in Great Britain. Efforts of the brand to improve its profile in Great Britain; Design of the showroom.
- Five stores add Rowe galleries. // Furniture/Today;8/15/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p40
Reports on the store openings of the furniture industry and trade in the U.S. Installation of studiorowe galleries by upholstery maker Rowe Furniture Inc.; Expansion of the showrooms; Extension of the product lines; Enhancement of customer services; Improvement of interior decoration.
- forum bytes. // Interior Design;Apr2002, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p56
Reports developments on interior designing as of April 2002. Details on the opening of the Stern's Hobby Center for the Performing Arts; Introduction of the furniture from Peabody Office Furniture company; Partnership between Hardy Holzman Pfeiffer Associates and Brooklyn Academy of Music.
- Sterling has designs on interiors. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p5
Reports that the Sterling Furniture company has launched an interior design service.